The "I Just Bought" thread

I bought a virtual cat for my kid (right, that's the guy who opens his window every night hoping a stray cat will venture into his room).

Heres a pic of the cute kitty that wandered in my house a while back.

Attachments

• SkunkA.JPG
    SkunkA.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 170
I just verified my Steam account and I've spent a crazy amount on games this year!

I think I need to start disciplining myself again.

I need to finish the games I have yet to finish such as:
- The Witcher 1 (Played until the start of the city)
- Lords of Xulima (got the first prince and temple)
- Endless Legend (only played for a few hours)
- Risen (only played through parts of the first chapter)
- Divinity: Original Sin (only tried out the first area)
- Age of Wonders 3 (only played through for a few hours)
- Eador
- Divine Divinity

That's the backlog of games I have I actually want to play in the short-term.

I actually have just bought Jagged Alliance Flashback too though and I'm in the middle of a Gothic 2 + NOTR playthrough which I've never played till the end as it bugged out on me in the past.

Unfortunately, I have 13 other games of my Steam wishlist and a few more from GOG I'd be happy to play too.

Whoever says there aren't enough games, should tell me how they manage to play 60+ hour games so easily without being distracted by new ones and by "real life" ?!?!

@Toff: Mmmmmh, the perfume …

@Toff: Mmmmmh, the perfume …

That's the kind of cat that wanders in and sprays Chanel no. 5 all over.

(thank goodness this is RPGWatch and not a perfume forum, because that was like me insulting Ultima or Gothic)

Luckily the Skunk was totally calm and so was my cat. I think he had been sneaking in for a bit but after that I started keeping the screen door closed. I had kept it cracked for my cat .

A few nights later I had 2 of them show up at the screen door wanting to get in.

Image.ashx

I'm a little late to the party (like 15 years), but I finally got my first Magic the Gathering deck builders toolkit. I've played my first games, and I'm loving it.

It's way more complex than Hearthstone, and the possibilities are just mind-boggling. I also love the care they obviously put into the cards themselves. Cool stuff.

skibur1.png

I couldn't resist this skirt, so I ordered it last night. This means fewer games this fall (when so many good ones are coming out) but I don't care. If I was at sea, this thing would probably lure me to a watery grave.

msi_x99s-gaming7_w_600.jpg

MSI X99 Gaming 7 Motherboard.

First step towards my new rig. Don't really need an upgrade, but my brother is in dire need of a new machine - so I'll pass most of my current one on to him and it gives me an excuse to buy new stuff :)

I'm one extremely unhappy customer today (has been for a while, but hey, what can I do?)

I am getting custom made dress done for my 3rd wedding anniversary (it's a gift from hubby) which I will also wear to friend's wedding in November.

So back in June this year, I've contacted couturier who made my wedding dress and reception dress (and I have to say, she did absolutely fantastic job). Little did I know, she was in middle of closing her shop down because she's just gave birth to her first bub. I was very upset as I know there won't be many couturiers out there who will be as good as my wedding couturier, but hey, time is running out, I have to find someone soon to get it done by November.

Searched around web, asked around for 2-3 weeks and I've finally decided on this new dressmaker. Met up with her, decided on design and cost etc, and paid the deposit after first meeting so she can get started on my dress ASAP. She promised it will be done by end of October. Now, only 3 weeks left till the event, I still don't have my dress………… and trust me, it's not cheap either! (I'm paying her $1200 total and already deposited half!!!)

I wanted one shoulder dress with white/ivory bodice and tiffany blue skirt which can be worn in 3 different ways (long, mid length and knee length). She recommended that I dye the skirt with navy to create ombre affect as it will look much better than plain one colour skirt. I went to pick up my dress 2 weeks back… and was MASSIVELY disappointed. She did such a shoddy job at dyeing the dress, there was finger print marks and the dress was washed out blue ink colour rather than a navy. Almost blew up at the spot but thought it won't help, so I calmly told her, I'm not happy with it and I will give her 2 more weeks to fix it up.

That 2 weeks is today. She called me up this morning telling me if I can change the appointment to tomorrow as she is doubled booked (apparently, her explanation was "my assistant doubled booked me, and I have to see this *GUY*".

And because of that b*tch, now I can't spent much time with friends tomorrow (I'm going to High Tea with friends but I can only stay for 3 hours, I can't even bloody relax with friends because that f*cking b*tch face who can't do her job, and her service was almost none existent!!!)

So what did I do?? Well, I can't be sure if I will be happy with the dress tomorrow, so I had to go to shops and pick up ANOTHER dress as a back up.

@%#!!!!!!!!

(F*cking sigh)

Anyway, here's photo of my "back-up" dress……

http://www.review-australia.com/shop/dresses/lotus-dress-thistle.html

(I have a feeling I will rant again tomorrow, after I've met up with that stupid b*tch who thinks she's such a good dressmaker).

Bummers ... too bad about your dress. The concept sounds pretty cool, so I hope it will turn out well after all.
Your replacement dress is pretty neat, but it certainly sucks to spend way more money than was intnded.

Thanks, Jaz! I've finally got my dress. It looked much better this time compared to last time I saw it. Still not a happy customer (I still think dress look a bit cheap and unhappy about details - like huge buttons, I need to cover them up with belt), but I'm tired of arguing with her. Rest assured, I won't recommend her to anyone.

On the bright side, I had blast at High Tea with friends and went on massive shopping spree...

(new jeweleries for me!!)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 112
Thanks, Jaz! I've finally got my dress. It looked much better this time compared to last time I saw it. Still not a happy customer (I still think dress look a bit cheap and unhappy about details - like huge buttons, I need to cover them up with belt), but I'm tired of arguing with her. Rest assured, I won't recommend her to anyone.

On the bright side, I had blast at High Tea with friends and went on massive shopping spree…

(new jeweleries for me!!)

Awesome ... glad it worked out at least to the point where it is one less thing to stress about. We had a similar experience with someone years ago this time over quilt and pillow-shams ... ugh. That other dress was gorgeous as well, would have been a great backup ;)

I don't know how to embed, but this is what I just bought > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-E1705-...317?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item1c3f2fd7bd

Basically, it's a replacement GPU for my laptop that the GPU died in. It's a Nvidia Geforce Go 7950t, which is even slightly better than the old GPU (which was a 7950). The "t" model stays cooler and is more stable with better performance, which is nice.

Installing it is going to be a pain in the rear, but ah well. At least I'll be able to use that laptop again :)

My first glimpse in this thread: The guys buy tech stuff, the girls buy dressses and jewelery. Nice. :D

I just buy whatever clothes are on sale at Costco and don't care much. I'm going to start ordering nearly all of them from Aliexpress where it's much cheaper. Everything is already made in China, just cut off the Western middleman and inflated "name brands" which come out of the same factories.

I finally took the plunge and purchased a SSD. I grabbed a 500GB Samsung 840 EVO at a price that was too good to pass on. Damn Black Friday sales… ;)

Samsung-840-EVO-Series-500GB-SSD-MZ-7TE500B-F1.jpg

*Edit* If anyone is interested, it's on sale right now at NewEgg. Only $190, and it includes a free copy of Far Cry 4.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147249

I made an order for these headphones. I searched long and hard for a be-all and end-all closed headphones pair and it looked like my best bet.

It simply looks absolutely phenomenal. Now all I need is a good amp to go along with it.

A slightly unusual choice, perhaps. This is a 9.7" Android tablet, with an e-ink screen and a stylus for annotating documents.

Onyx-Boox-M96-Notes.jpg

I love e-ink, as it doesn't strain my eyes at all when working with text, wheras the blue light of LCD screens bothers me after a while.

This ereader allows running Android apps and connecting a bluetooth keyboard, so a great deal of my work (and browsing) can be done in natural lighting conditions.

Do not forget to put the latest FW on it. No wonder they are on sale:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8617/...e-to-fix-the-ssd-840-evo-read-performance-bug

Thanks. Since I just purchased mine a few days ago, it probably has the latest firmware already. I'll still check though.

That has nothing to do with this model being on sale though. That's more likely due to the recent release of the 850 Pro. The bug didn't seem to be all that serious in the end.

The EVO has been the most popular retail SSD so far, so it's great to see Samsung providing a fix in such a short time. None of the big SSD manufacturers have been able to avoid widespread bugs (remember the 8MB bug in the Intel SSD 320 and the 5,000-hour bug in the Crucial m4?) and I have to give Samsung credit for handling this well. In the end, this bug never resulted in data loss, so it was more of an annoyance than a real threat.

Back
Top Bottom