Project Resurgence - Kickstarter Update

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Farflame spotted this Kickstarter update for Project Resurgence - you can switch between turn-based and real-time combat anytime:

Hey hey Nectarines,

Rob here. Today is a momentous day. We’ve reached a huge milestone, and as of this afternoon we reached the $100,000 pledged mark! I can’t even express to you how good it feels to see six digits of funds raised on our campaign page. When Cohh and I first started talking about this project three years ago, I could not have imagined how gratifying it would be to know this many people believed in our dream and wanted to share it with us. We haven’t crossed the finish line yet, but I just wanted to thank you all again for wanting to take this journey with us. Each and every one of you is awesome in my book! :D

Oh, and you want to hear something crazy? I just crunched the numbers and realized that if every one of our backers told one friend about our game, and that friend pledged only $37 we would hit our goal tonight. One friend. Funded TONIGHT! I make it a point not to request anything from you guys (I believe Kickstarter is about giving, not pushing), and that’s why you’ll only hear it this one time. I’m asking you to find just one friend you think would love this project and tell them about it. And if we get lucky, then we can start talking stretch goals for all those extra nice features we know you all want. :)

[...]

Combat System Breakdown

The subject that we’ve gotten the most comments and questions about is undoubtedly our combat system, particularly how we’re going to pull off both turn-based (TB) and real-time with pause (RT). So today, I wanted to elaborate further on what exactly we’ve been planning. My hope is that this will alleviate some concerns, but also stimulate more discussion on how we can best implement BOTH of these combat modes. We’ve already got a thread going for this on the forum, so drop in there if you have additional thoughts. And let’s not forget, combat will be largely avoidably all together by characters with the proper skills. Since combat is such a complex topic, this is going to be another longer update. Buckle up!

Design Philosophy

First off, let me hit the main points on exactly what we wanted to achieve with our combat system:

• Both TB and RT should be equally viable choices in all situations, and the player is never forced to use either. The choice comes down to player preference.
  • Both TB and RT operate on the same underlying ruleset. Player input is the major difference.
  • The combat mode can be switched during combat (between rounds).
  • Combat difficulty is balanced with TB mode in mind (to avoid being too easy).
  • RT mode is faster and more difficult (more prone to human error).
  • RT mode requires good companion AI (ideally customized to player preference).
  • Most combat encounters can be avoided if the right requirements are met.

More information.

Was this game talked about here? If so how did I miss it? Looks like something I would have backed and played.

Back
Top Bottom