Exoplanet: First Contact - Update #4

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Update number 4 of Exoplanet: First Contact, which is currently in Early Access, has been made availabel last week.

Dear players, we gladly present to you the latest update! The new starting area was heavily overhauled and vastly expanded. We've added new locations, characters, quests and things to do in this area.

You're very welcome to hop into our Discord server[discord.gg] and tell us what you think about the new update.
Here is a brief list of changes with the most impact:

WORLD

• New starting scene
  • Vastly expanded new starting area
  • Started working on splitting the world into two distinct biomes
  • New rocks and cliffs assets
  • First version of distant land
  • New NPCs
  • New traders
  • A new dangerous mushroom
  • New sand textures
  • Lots of minor edits and polishing.
More update info at the link.

More information.

WTH is this game.. checked the title on Steam only to become repulsed by the screenshots. Didn't even need to watch any video the art was sooOoo junk.

It is Gothic meets Fallout. They promised more interesting quests than what Bethesda offers and there are more different mechanics like crafting of new devices that give new options. Also the world is kind of unique.

It was a KS project a while ago.

It is a sandboxy game with smaller world than what Bethesda has but more focus on quality inside it. It will also have some survival mechanics (but those will be optional). It is not MP.

It is Gothic meets Fallout. They promised more interesting quests than what Bethesda offers and there are more different mechanics like crafting of new devices that give new options. Also the world is kind of unique.

It's more like Gothic + sci-fi, but you're right about the world being unique. It's also very obvious that the early Piranha Bytes games were a huge influence for these devs. Exoplanet is strongly reminiscent of Gothic 1&2.

The problem is this game is getting developed at a snail's pace. I backed it on Kickstarter about 3 years ago, and it seems like it's still a long ways off from being finished.

It's more like Gothic + sci-fi, but you're right about the world being unique. It's also very obvious that the early Piranha Bytes games were a huge influence for these devs. Exoplanet is strongly reminiscent of Gothic 1&2.

The problem is this game is getting developed at a snail's pace. I backed it on Kickstarter about 3 years ago, and it seems like it's still a long ways off from being finished.
I don't mind as long as it is eventually finished. It is certainly progressing faster than After Reset :D
And it was only 10$.

I reinstalled the current version to see how much it's progressed since the last time I played it around 6 months ago. Suffice to say, I'm pretty disappointed. They've expanded the game world and swapped things around a bit, but it's still essentially the same Alpha that it was last year.

This game has tons of potential, but it'll never be finished at this rate.

Back
Top Bottom