Smite: MOBA of teh Gods

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
Smite

Totalbiscuit selling me on Smite

Ive played a little DOTA, and had a lot of fun w/ Demigod (singleplayer because nobody else played it), and I have to say that Smite looks like a lot of fun. Primarily because it it played from a 3rd person perspective.

Downloading now, is anyone playing this?

Smite should go to general MMORPG section.

I didn't play it but heard lots of nice things about it. For example, unlike common (read: ALL) MOBA games, you can't put 6 hats on your character's head, in fact you can't equip two or more of the same items. Means you can't troll with items. Also, when you lock the battle, the wait time till it starts is not a minute or more like on other MOBAs, but it starts in a few seconds. The good things don't stop there, you don't select general spells before the battle but you buy them when the battle starts thus there is no chance you'll unintentionally pick a spell you didn't want to have.

Just heard.

I've played a bit of Smite. It was actually pretty nice, but it seemed to lack the depth of DOTA. Still, as a more casual alternative, it's good, and it also dares to try something new, which is always appreciated.
I did find the gigantoboobs that many of the characters have to be quite offputting though.

you can't put 6 hats on your character's head, in fact you can't equip two or more of the same items. Means you can't troll with items.
You can't do that in DOTA 2 (or any other MOBA that I know of) either.
The good things don't stop there, you don't select general spells before the battle but you buy them when the battle starts
That's not true for DOTA either. Only LoL, to my knowledge (of the big ones), has a system like this.

That's why I said "heard". Didn't try them all, asked RL friends who did. And who are not playing them anymore actually. :)

Back
Top Bottom