Sands of Salzaar - Review @ MMORPG

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
MMORPG has reviewed Sands of Salzaar:

Not So MMO: Sands of Salzaar Review

Coming to us from indie developer Han-Squirrel Studio, open-world strategy ARPG Sands of Salzaar created some buzz when it received an English localization update last year. Now, a little over a year later, Sands of Salzaar has launched out of Early Access. Choosing from one of eight classes (or build your own), can you build an army capable of ruling the Sands of Salzaar?

[...]

Final Thoughts

On the surface, Sands of Salzaar has a lot to offer. The idea of a living, breathing sandbox world to explore is intriguing. Each decision, from the character class you choose to how you build your army to the diplomatic choices you make as you grow your empire, should all have the potential to dramatically change the course of events in a single playthrough. In its current state, though, none of those core elements are deep enough to make Sands of Salzaar anything more than a number-crunching simulator.

Sands of Salzaar, for all intents and purposes, feels more like a work in progress as opposed to a final release. If this were an early access preview, I would say that each of the core components has potential and just needs to be fleshed out. As a final product review, I must say that even though Sands of Salzaar promises an intriguing blend of RPG and strategy elements, it fails to provide the depth and complexity needed for long-term replayability.

Score: 6/10
More information.

Fair review. Sad, I tend to love that type of game but this one falls short. I might as well play Mount & Blade or Starsector.

Back
Top Bottom