Consortium: The Tower - Sweet Talk Terrorists

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
PCGamesN look at Consortium: The Tower and explore its reactivity.

[...]
Want to murder everyone as news drones buzz overhead? You can. Want to sneak through and incapacitate them all with electric shocks? Go ahead. Prefer to have a nice chat? Sure. Time goes on even if you do not do anything in Consortium, and every action you take is judged by your superiors who monitor your performance constantly, berating and praising you as you go. Occasionally, characters address you as well - yes, you, dear reader - breaking the fourth wall. It is a refreshing setting, and one that evokes the ‘One City Block RPG’ envisioned by immersive sim grandfather Warren Spector.

The first time I drop onto the tower, I walk up to the first terrorist I see and speak to him, all friendly. He tells me his boss is an idiot and that nobody on the tower is allowed to attack me unless I shoot first. Nice. This gives me free reign to stroll around chatting to these gun-toting goons. Eventually, I voluntarily surrender and am locked up, before being freed from a cell by some unknown, interdimensional ally.

[...]
More information.

Sweet Talk Terrorists. That's the name for my new thrashcore band sorted.

Occasionally, characters address you as well - yes, you, dear reader - breaking the fourth wall
Don't like.

Don't like.

It's part of the game narrative actually. The first game start with you, the player, being sucked into the game via its interface. All your interactions in the game are from your point-of-view, despite playing an established character in it. If you act out of character, the NPCs in the game will find you suspicious and there are some NPCs who knows you are "the player" and not "the character".

Yep, that's why I haven't played the first part except the first few hours.

Restricted saves.

I was interested till I read that. Now its been permanently removed from my mind as a possible interest for later.

The only thing I dislike in a game more than restricted saves are micro-transactions.

Sweet Talk Terrorists. That's the name for my new thrashcore band sorted.

I can almost picture the album cover...something colorful and hand drawn, perhaps in the vein of the first two Iron Maiden albums.

Back
Top Bottom