Divinity: Original Sin II - Game of the Year 2017 @ PC Gamer

I'm at 40 h playing Tactician mode and still on the first isle. So far the game is great and I don't want it to end :biggrin:
Took me 50 hours to get off the first island. Then the game says I'm at the beginning of a long journey!? I think I'm going to go over 100 on this one.

I'm playing Tactician and it's taking me quite a bit of time to get through battles. My Necromancer/Geo character isn't really playing up to snuff. I need to get him more spells!

I'll have to finish this game eventually :)

The Rupture + Chicken nerf and the summons nerf will make it hard on my magic party tho.

Took me 50 hours to get off the first island. Then the game says I'm at the beginning of a long journey!? I think I'm going to go over 100 on this one.

Definitely. I am 86 hours in, still think I have plenty to do in zone 2. I took a mini break to focus on some other life things, but love the game and can't wait to get back into it.

I'll have to finish this game eventually :)

The Rupture + Chicken nerf and the summons nerf will make it hard on my magic party tho.

Chicken + Rupture still works great and summons are still extremely powerful (they are the damage dealers in my party).

Played 199 hours. I played on tactician and added a few extra rules to myself such as no savescumming within combat. I think the "normal" playtime is probably around 150h on tactician, which is still quite a lot.

What is the consensus on this series vs Pillars? Looking to start one or the other next
-DOS2 has turnbased while Pillars has RTwP. Personally I prefer DOS2 combat by quite a bit, but I guess that's personal preference.
-EE has much more grinding, especially in your base. In DOS2 the vast majority of the combats have some direct context and are introduced with a dialogue.
-Both stories involve some abstract stuff like direct interaction with gods. DOS2 manages to make it more believable though. Generally I prefered DOS2 storywise by quite a bit.

For me personally Pillars was a good game, while DOS2 was a great game. And a game which well deserves this title of game of the year.

Bought the whole Larian series for $89. I have a lot of it already but mostly not on Steam so it was a pretty good deal. And unlike others I think Beyond Divinity was great :). Or good at least

Back
Top Bottom