Skyrim - Holds: The City Overhaul Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer talks about Holds: The City Overhaul for Skyrim. The mod itself has spent three and a half years in development. Reddit user Thallassa has a two part review here.

A big (4GB) fan-made modification for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, that overhauls cities and even adds new settlements, has arrived after nearly three-and-a-half years' work.

Holds: The City Overhaul rebuilds Falkreath, Winterhold and Dawnstar from scratch, fleshing out the cities with more buildings, more people, and more background and history - more personality, in other words. The other holds, such as Whiterun and Solitude, have also had work done to them.

"The aim of all of this is to create a more memorable and diverse experience," wrote the mod's author, Galandil, on Nexus Mods, "making the cities actually feel like cities hopefully without ruining the natural and realistic design of the vanilla game.

More information.

I prefer my cities small, unrealistic and cosy!

Looks awesome but after nearly 1000 hours skyrim is shelved.

I'm sure it's impressive, as are many of Skyrim's mods, but since it's a console game it already has too much loading and load times, and when you play with tons of mods, those load times get even longer. Last time I played with a boatload of mods installed the loading was very noticeably longer and pretty much killed the fun.

IF I ever fire up Skyrim again, it'll be with very few mods installed to keep the performance/loading at levels that don't increase sanity loss.

This looks cool, but I'll be playing other things until Enderal gets released. Still pretty excited about that one. I wonder if it will pair well with any of the survival mods, as I would like to play with that kind of mechanic next time.

Back
Top Bottom