Steam summer Sale - 2015 edition

A decade old game, GTA 5, is not on sale.
What kind of summer sale this is?

What they did with GTA V prices might have been in breach of EU/UK laws. They put the price up just before the sale and I hope they get done for this so this kind of crap doesn't happen again.

What they did with GTA V prices might have been in breach of EU/UK laws. They put the price up just before the sale and I hope they get done for this so this kind of crap doesn't happen again.

I think they found a way of avoiding doing something illegal while at the same time raising the price before a sale. What they currently are selling is GTA V + an online money card (gives you some more money for MP). The sale might be a bit misleading, but as they can claim that they've "added value" to the pack, it's still within the realm of legal.

There are companies that raises the price before the sale without including anything extra though, this includes Gaijin Entertainment (Warthunder) and Bohemia Interactive (DayZ). What they did was illegal.

Online money card?
What kind of bullshit is that? I want to buy a singleplayer game, not bloody MMO idiocy!

Actually I shouldn't buy anything.
I'm not paying the sum they ask for a game that is 837456847659834 years old.

Especially where and because:
- a definite contendant for this year's GOTY award just a month old is already priced lower and got -10% on Steam's summer sale and probably more elsewhere
- half a year old frequent GOTY winner DA3 is -50% on Origin
- half a year ubi's hit FO4 was discounted -60% two days ago on Uplay store

Steam summer sale 2015 is IMO a joke.

I bought (until now):

-Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
-Legends of Grimrock II
-Blackguards 2
-assorted Talisman DLCs

Black guards 1 and Blackguards 2 any good? It has additional discount for a few more hours.

Picked up teh Blackguards 1&2 bundle myself. Plus the 3 Spacehulk Ascension chapter DLCs.

-kaos

Black guards 1 and Blackguards 2 any good? It has additional discount for a few more hours.

lostforever,

I played only the demo for Blackguards 1 and even so, I didn't finish it. But I liked it, so I decided to buy it. I recommend you to play the demo before buying it !

If you like challenges, get the first game if you still didn't - the game is unforgiving on messed up builds unlike modern party based games where things tend to be easy even on the hardest setting.
Didn't play the second one yet so dunno if the challenge remained.

This is a tough one. I played the first game for about a hundred hours and beat it. It was fun but I got kind of burned out on it so I never even purchased the 2nd and even seeing it in sales doesn't stir an urge to buy it and play it.

Also, in the second game you play as a different protagonist but you have the same companions. This is something that drives me nuts. Much like in DA2 when you meet people you know as the grey warden in DAO but now your character doesn't know them at all. It creates a huge disconnect between me and my character.

Like when I ran into flemeth, I was like cool it's flemeth. I wanted to ask her about morrigan and other thinks but my character just wanted to ask who are you? what is a witch of the wilds? Blah.

Sorry for the mini rant, It was a good game but the formula doesn't change much so burn out is possible.

It's, turn based, you get to use your environment,character progression is pretty good and the story is adequate but nothing special. Also I believe they fixed the constantly being poisoned thing that was an issue towards the end of the game.

Picked up LISA the painful RPG, which was mentioned by HiddenX earlier and is on flash sale for the next 22 hours. Looks really weird.

"A game about survival, sacrifice, and perverts..."

Thanks all for your replies but it looks like I missed Blackguards deal, its only 75% now down from 90% discount. I think I will wait for the next sale!

Added System Shock 2 and Deus Ex: GotY Edition. Just because.

I just saw Arhu the Cat in the Larian E3 twitch stream.

Added a couple more games to my pile of shame :)

- King's Bounty Dark Side Premium Edition @ €3.99
- Driver: San Francisco - Deluxe Edition @ 3.74

Looking forward to playing these in 2023 :biggrin:

Picked up LISA the painful RPG, which was mentioned by HiddenX earlier and is on flash sale for the next 22 hours. Looks really weird.

"A game about survival, sacrifice, and perverts…"

BWWAHAHAHAAHAAA so funny... the main (piece of shit IMHO) software I had to work with for years at my last job was called "LISA" (Leitstellensoftware für Intelligente Störungs- und Alarmbearbeitung).

Painful, survival, sacrifice, perverts... yup, that sums up my everyday experience perfectly! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom