Fallout 4 The best ending - VG247's article fail

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Point of no return - VG247's article fail

warnin'
*** HEAVY SPOILERS BELOW ***

Have to say that I didn't finish the game yet.
I'm exploring side content thoroughly, but in the meantime I did many main story and faction quests - shuffling in between so I don't lock anyone out and although I definetly won't join this decadent Brotherhood, I'll probably replay from some point just to see their ending too.
But I didn't reach the point of no return yet.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/12/02/fallout-4-how-to-get-best-ending/
The end game state depends on decisions made during Act Two and Three.

While each ending has its own Act Three mission chain, a major decision point occurs during The Molecular Level at the end of Act Two: If you have the Brotherhood of Steel, Railroad or Minutemen help you build the teleporter, they’ll give you an optional objective of obtaining data about the Institute. Choosing to support a faction in this way unlocks its Act Three questline and ending.

You need to be friendly with each faction in order to have them help you with the teleporter. In the case of the Minutemen and Railroad it’s very easy to join their ranks if you follow the main quest, but you’ll have to seek out the Brotherhood of Steel for yourself or when prompted by a new quest at the end of Act One.
First, what Act Three is that site talking about? There are no acts. There are quests and questchains.
If there are acts on gameboy or iPhone FO4 versions, I couldn't care less about that.

Second, the game ending absolutely doesn't depend on the choice you make in Molecular Level quest! Building it alone or with help from a faction doesn't lock you out of any ending (you may continue to shuffle between factions).

What probably led that pay2advertise Destiny site into belief the choice in that quest is important - is the script bug with Undergrund Undercover quest. You receive it normally if you get help from Railroad. But if you don't use their help, after being to Institute you can still go to Railroad headquarters back and talk to Desdemona then Tinker Tom there to start Underground Undercover quest. The script bug however allows you to give the tape away before talking to Desdemona which shouldn't be possible - but it's not a huge deal as you can pickpocket it back.
One may ask why would anyone go for help from a faction here at all - the answer is simple, you need resources and if you were not into settlements, either Railroad or Brotherhood will provide enough resources for this to you (basically, you *should* pick any of them so you don't lose your own resources, I did go with Railroad because of Tinker Tom's nifty undergarment upgrades).

Even if you fail all this and destroy any possibility to finish Underground Undercover quest which is Railroad faction major quest, don't worry, you can still keep them as an option!
The second script bug (or better said bugs) occurs during Battle for Bunker Hill main quest.
Here you're either go with Institute, or warn Railroad and/or warn Brotherhood.
To remain "neutral" for sure and not lock out any ending all you have to do here is to warn Railroad - and then the bug-o-rama begins.
You need to kill courser before reaching escaping synths. But if you proceed more trying to help those synths and enter an underground area - the game declares everything INVULNERABLE. You can't kill anything at all any more. Dunno how, dunno why, all I know is that I can't understand how this passed QA process.
To avoid trashmobs becoming godlike, all you have to do is to fasttravel to CIT ruins and talk to Father instantly after you kill the courser you meet. And proceed with Instutute story further so eventually you unlock X6 as your sidekick (he gets available when you receive Institute quest titled Mass Fusion and is lollygagging in Institute SRB where you can pick him).
It won't fix the Bunker Hill underground problem, if you enter it afterwards, you'll see many corpses but working turrets. Turrets that are hostile and you cannot destroy. So you won't go to that area ever.
Also, the main door to Bunker Hill will remain closed probably for eternity so you can enter from right side entrance or climb the truck.

If you visit Railroad now, and Underground Undercover quest state is at the point you still didn't learn a certain password, you automatically get their next faction quest. Not sure if it's another script bug so I reloaded and didn't proceed further just in case.

All I know is that I'm still on everyone's good side and I have all 12 possible sidekicks unlocked.
While I'm unsure which exact quest locks you out of other faction endings, that is definetly not the one VG247 sucked out of their pinkie.
Or they just can't tell the difference between proper and bugged script which wouldn't surprise me. Seen already people who can't see an obvious bug in their plain sight and then believe I'm crazy when I call Skyrim bug-o-rama.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom