Iceland wins

Damn.. I was rooting for Japan and its loss felt more devastating than Germany's to me. Thrilling game, congrats to Belgium.

Of course not. Who cares anyway, the fun is in rooting itself!

The Swiss are out, yay! I'm not going to pretend I'm not satisfied. Also, good, if inconsequential, decision by the ref not to award penalty. It was clearly out of the box.

They've been out since Sunday. They lost to Croatia on penalties.

I will never hear the end of that at work tomorrow, I'm sure :)

At least the media frenzy will die down.

Ack! I thought England had it won. Difficult extra time coming up...

Congrats to Sweden and England (although as I said, shootout is basically a lottery).
What's with crapload of yellow cards today? Southern wind?
I will never hear the end of that at work tomorrow, I'm sure :)
You should have watched the match. Both teams played very civilized (rare faults), there was no kung fu. And both struggled with each other, not because of being incompetent or heavy air, but because they were of the same high quality. It's such a shame you don't care about real life teamplay yet are rooting for coop on phones.
IMO draw was the only fair and proper outcome, but only one team may proceed and luck determined which one through shootout from 11m.

Thanks for that, England. Just what my nerves needed.

Thanks for that, England. Just what my nerves needed.

It's not the first shootout and probably won't be the last. Almost all teams that remained are very good and on almost the same level, it's superhard to make a clear win now.

But cmon, it wouldn't be fun if there wasn't some additional drama. ;)

While I'm not a fan of shoot-out victories in the slightest, I'm quite pleased that England decided to win one. Well done lads, best of luck in the next match!

Well then, in a few moments I'll be rooting for Urugway. Not because their winning strike, not because I loved Forlan back in the day, not because this and that. Okay, I'm bsing, it's because of all that.
But France says lootboxes aren't gambling. Seriously? Pack your stuff and go home.

Tonight I'll be rooting for Belgium. They're a genuine underdog in this cup and tonight's match is practically a mini finale. There is still a possibility they reach the actual finale, it's football where you need a bit of luck.
Belgium says lootboxes *are* gambling. Don't go home just yet, please.

For those interested, brazillian selector apparently said his players were practicing penalty kicks for tonight's match (sorry, I don't trust Google translate, thus apparently) - if true, this tells you alot about Belgium and Brazil doesn't expect a cakewalk.

I honestly thought France didn't have much of a chance this morning, but Uruguay is not doing well at all on defence. Unless things change quickly, France is headed to the next round.

Well then, in a few moments I'll be rooting for Urugway. Not because their winning strike, not because I loved Forlan back in the day, not because this and that. Okay, I'm bsing, it's because of all that.
But France says lootboxes aren't gambling. Seriously? Pack your stuff and go home.

Tonight I'll be rooting for Belgium. They're a genuine underdog in this cup and tonight's match is practically a mini finale. There is still a possibility they reach the actual finale, it's football where you need a bit of luck.
Belgium says lootboxes *are* gambling. Don't go home just yet, please.

Having said that, you could root for Brasil. We also never said lootboxes are gambling :p

For those interested, brazillian selector apparently said his players were practicing penalty kicks for tonight's match (sorry, I don't trust Google translate, thus apparently) - if true, this tells you alot about Belgium and Brazil doesn't expect a cakewalk.

Though I can't vouch for every and all Brasilian fans, I never expected a cakewalk too. Actually, one sane person can't say Brasil faced cakewalk matches in this World Cup, no, we did not.

By the way, Belgium is a great team and we can't be too careful when facing them.

Back
Top Bottom