RPGWatch Feature - Konung 2 Retrospective

Konung:Legend of the North, (1) - was probably the worst RPG I had ever played. IIRC there were hardly any RPG mechanics in the game at all. Hence, I was never enticed to try any of the subsequent games. Also it was boring.

However, being a digital game hoarder, and your positive review, I might be interested in giving the sequels a go . . . but only if I can get the game from a GOG insomnia sale or a Steam (season?) sale.

:)

Konung:Legend of the North, (1) - was probably the worst RPG I had ever played. IIRC there were hardly any RPG mechanics in the game at all. Hence, I was never enticed to try any of the subsequent games. Also it was boring.

However, being a digital game hoarder, and your positive review, I might be interested in giving the sequels a go . . . but only if I can get the game from a GOG insomnia sale or a Steam (season?) sale.

:)

It was just in a bundle for $1.00. Guess you missed it :(.

It's a very cool game, but if you thought the first game was boring and terrible, you probably won't really dig Konung 2. I haven't played the first game myself, but Konung 2 is very slow-paced as I said, and takes a decent-sized investment to really get the most out of it. Once you start rolling though, it turns into quite a good game, IMO. It just takes some time and patience to get there.

you can't pause in Konung 2 (or 1) but Konung 3 does have pausable combat. Unfortunately that also means that I won't be touching 1 or 2 with a 10' pole.

you can't pause in Konung 2 (or 1) but Konung 3 does have pausable combat. Unfortunately that also means that I won't be touching 1 or 2 with a 10' pole.

I can understand that. The combat is not the highlight of Konung 2 by any means. That said, I still find it satisfying to slay groups of enemies and try and keep my party alive in tougher encounters, even without a pause feature.

Cool to know that Konung 3 adds a pause system, though.

Back
Top Bottom