XCOM: Chimera Squad - Released

Enemies running away, they usually stack up for a final fight, killing civilians/hostages, does not seem to determine failure/success (or it takes to lose a lot of them) etc

Loose timers that can be ignored for the most part, nothing constraining.

I'll take your word for it, the game isn't very good at informing you what happens when the timers run out, so after failing a mission early because I didn't realise there was a timer I'm bent on not allowing then to run out. Ice noticed the enemies running away tend to bunch up in the last stage, but often they also try to escape the last stage which kind of limits the options to "kill those two units before they get away".

Still enjoying the game though.

Well sorry if japanese games hurt your feelings so much you call them crap.

But which japanese game in this case could that possibly be, I don't remember mentioning any in this thread?

Decided to buy Troubleshooter instead.

It comes with a story and there is no doomsday mechanics, you do missions at your own pace and I love the music.
Not everything is good though, for example overwatch is still not automatic but is an action like in XCom.

might be better as a mmog on a mobile phone.

I don't think anyone other than Huawei can produce a phone good enough for it. But as it happens, those phones you won't be able to buy. :D

I'll take your word for it, the game isn't very good at informing you what happens when the timers run out, so after failing a mission early because I didn't realise there was a timer I'm bent on not allowing then to run out. Ice noticed the enemies running away tend to bunch up in the last stage, but often they also try to escape the last stage which kind of limits the options to "kill those two units before they get away".

Still enjoying the game though.

Timers are so loose they can be ignored, players do not strategize around them, they are not made a priority.
Streamers play on impossible, with the hardcore mode a line between them.
Only watched one guy failing a boss mission and another reporting he had failed one mission.

Timers do not press players into action, they do not structure their plans around achieving timer conditions, they do not care about hostages (save for a few missions with specific hostages and yet), do not care about civilians etc

When a timer gives 40 turns to complete a mission and players usually complete it in a 25,30 turns, a timer can be ignored.

Very different from board games that include timers that press players into action, plans are specifically drafted to keep in line with timers.

There aren't any 40 turn timers, the crucial ones are two-three turns. They don't matter once you got a leveled squad though, most encounters are cleared in that time from mid-game onward. I was considering lowering the difficulty in the beginning, now in the end game I'm glad I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom