An FYI for a GoG Galaxy issue: game insalled but can't press play

lackblogger

SasqWatch
I installed a game last night and played it for four hours before exiting the game and going to bed.

I woke up this morning to discover that upon returning to the game I couldn't press the play button and GoG Galaxy had only registered 36 minutes of playtime.

After some brief searching on-line I tried looking for the .exe application and laod the game from there, which loaded up a very choppy unplayable game, so I pressed ctrl alt del and discovered that I had two iterations of this game now playing.

I closed them both down in the task manager and it cured the problem, I could now press the play button again and my in-game time had been updated... to 14 hours, lol.

So there must be a bug in some games where exiting the game doesn't actually exit the game and it keeps running in the background to the point where Galaxy still thinks you're playing but nothing is showing on your desktop.

I now have to use task manager to close the game in addition to quitting to desktop. Hope this is of some use to anyone else & is amusing by itself anyway.

I have being using GOG Galaxy 2.0 for the last few days. I am not getting your problem but I have only used it for SM Alpha Centauri and Gorogoa. Both of which are working fine. My PC is a Win 10 with auto update.

I do get a message when I go into a game tab which says "Sorry, we couldn't load the data." It does not seem to matter, though there is a panel marked "activity" which has a "cloud" with a cross in it.

Yes, it's the first time it's happened to me, but then it's only the third game I've played via Galaxy. I haven't had the data one you mention yet.

Maybe it is specific to the game. Maybe if you give the name of the game and someone else running galaxy 2.0 can see if they have the same issue. Maybe. Maybe not.

Yes, it's the first time it's happened to me, but then it's only the third game I've played via Galaxy. I haven't had the data one you mention yet.

Never had that specific issue, but I observed a variant of it: after quiting the game I could not start it from within Galaxy, because it was still observed to be running by the client. Don't remember which one it was, it was also an isolated event, so... no big bother really.

I have this issue when trying to play Diablo through Galaxy 2.0. Not the GOG version but the original game I picked up in 1996. I have a batch file now to load diablo.exe, task kill it and then load it again. Saves me the trouble of doing the ole ctrl-alt-del in theory. It unfortunately does not seem to work. After I kill diablo.exe once it will load from Galaxy fine however.

Back
Top Bottom