Gamebolt - Six Things We Want in Elder Scrolls VI

Not sure how mods would work with co-op. Everyone would need the same exact mods, unless co-op just loaded the base game. Not sure how popular that would be. Anyone have a proposed solution?

Keep the companion number low, but flesh those suckers out. Vilja should be a starting point for TES VI companions. Hoth and Inigo are also great.

Much more variety in textures, especially dungeons. There should be 20 types not 5. You made a billion with Skyrim, spend it :)

Release it before Fallout 4. The TES series is vastly more popular than Fallout. Why? Girls play Skyrim. It has dress-up and horsies. :D

It would be kind of funny if people could co-op without having the same mods though..

Pretty much Schizophrenia Simulator 2015 baked into the main game.

- Dragons? What dragons!?! You are bashing against a bloody tree!!

:p

Not sure how mods would work with co-op. Everyone would need the same exact mods, unless co-op just loaded the base game. Not sure how popular that would be. Anyone have a proposed solution?

If it were all handled through Steam, it could verify each team member's mod list, and give the option to auto-download them from the workshop before launching, to match the highest common factor.

I don't expect much of anything or want anything. It was a good game not a great game. It took me 4-5 times of starting it over the last 4 years to get into it. Once I did last year though it I bought it day one, I had a lot of fun with it.

The main story was weak at best but I just enjoyed traveling around doing quest or trying to get to the very top of mountains.

Hmm just keeping modding in. I have to say the person who mentioned that is correct. Already seen a bunch of suggestions I know I would not like - which is the great thing about mods. So keeping good mod support is my first thing.

I suppose it would be nice (for me at least) to have:

- Modding
- the complexity back that has been slowly removed in each game.
- Deeper characters (FNV was nice)
- remove some fluff dungeons and make existing ones more interesting
- Improve stealth mechanisms
- Better faction system (more like Morrowinds)

Better combat system. The ES system is active but it's incredibly primitive and simplistic. Compare ES to Witcher and it's like night and day. Even compare ES to KoA. I guess some love ES combat but I've always found their combat to be pretty "meh" (along with their character development systems being wonky and too simplistic).

I'll just address this since I have thought about this some in the past.

Basically, I had a few ideas to make combat more interesting. I think Morrowind would have excellent combat if it were Real-Time-With-Pause, with a focus on longer battles.

Imagine Morrowind's spellbook combined with the ability to pause and select various spells, buffs, etc. to use in combat. I think that would be pretty cool.

The second idea I had was to have the camera switch from first-person to third-person while in combat. Then, you have the freedom to design combat around your typical third-person combat experience. You can then have the first person immersion of Elder Scrolls with the combat of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, if they so choose.

I personally have no problem with the combat system, but my dream is either turn-based or real-time-with-pause, or even a system like Might & Magic VI would be welcome. That's just personal preference and sort of a 'niche' idea, so I doubt many will agree, but eh, I can still dream. :)

Well, you interesting people here never fail to amuse me....

2 requests.. Keep it single player.. No need for me to play with anyone...

Take it back to the days of Morrowind. Don't hold my hand.. Let me figure it out.

I'd like to see them further tone down the level scaling. Skyrim hid it better than Oblivion but it was still there. To me the mechanic is the antithesis of an open world experience and the death of any fun I may be having.

Kill it. Kill it with fire. And don't bring it back at a higher level to match mine.

I'd like to see them further tone down the level scaling. Skyrim hid it better than Oblivion but it was still there. To me the mechanic is the antithesis of an open world experience and the death of any fun I may be having.

Kill it. Kill it with fire. And don't bring it back at a higher level to match mine.

I abandoned Oblivion at level 12, when my thief alchemist started getting weaker compared to all the horrible buggers that suddenly started materialising.

Oblivion was lousy with it. I had decided a 'true immersive experience' where I would physically walk where I needed to go instead of quick travel. By the time I got to the first location I had set out for I was dealing with Minotaur Lords on the road.

I ended up modding the game to massively slow down the leveling so that the game would feel more organic.

Back
Top Bottom