Portal Knights - Previews

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Portal Knights, which is currently on Early Access at Steam, has been played by Nerdmuch.

The 3D sandbox RPG Portal Knights from 505 games made its debut on Steam Early Access on February 23rd. We’ve had the opportunity to play it and offer you our initial thoughts (admittedly, it wasn’t easy to tear ourselves away to do so). This is a game we’ve been looking forward to since it was announced just a few weeks ago, and it definitely does not disappoint.

This game has all the features we love from Minecraft and Terraria, but with added RPG elements that elevate it to a whole new level of addictive. The ability to choose from three standard RPG classes (Warrior, Mage, or Ranger) and customize your character’s appearance certainly add to the game’s appeal, although right now the classes feel a bit sparse. For example, there are abilities to choose from as you level your character, but very few and most levels don’t give you a choice; also, your stats are allocated automatically. More features added to each class would really put this game head-and-shoulders above other sandbox games.
And there is also this preview on YouTube:

Thanks Eye.

More information.

I purchased Portal Knights this morning and since then my Steam counter says that I have played 8 hours.
I am impressed with the originality of gameplay, perhaps the reason of that being that I have never played Minecraft.
What a wonderful, addictive and beautiful game! I absolutely recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom