OSU Attack

Very sad news.

The guy had been interviewed in August by the school's student paper about being a Muslim on campus, feeling uncomfortable praying in public, etc.

It all sounds quite normal, but reading with hindsight you see the alienation he talks about is something he was choosing to sink deeper into rather than overcome. In a society so divided, it makes me think about how easily any of us can lose human connection to the people we live among and let ourselves harden into an adversarial stance that then becomes violent.

It all sounds quite normal, but reading with hindsight you see the alienation he talks about is something he was choosing to sink deeper into rather than overcome. In a society so divided, it makes me think about how easily any of us can lose human connection to the people we live among and let ourselves harden into an adversarial stance that then becomes violent.

It's true. Even people with whose views I have more sympathy - some of them talk now like they're ready to start lining people up agsinst a wall.

My! That must have been scary, knowing your wife is there, and not being able to do anything, just waiting for more news.
I guess from now on when she's leaving for work in the morning you'll be kissing her with slightly different thoughts for a while...

Wishing you and her the best.

(I know you all think I'm a terrible person)

You are definitely NOT a terrible person, and are a great part of this community.

We have a lot of people on this site from all over the world with passionate opinions. And people here get into some seriously heated arguments. But we all came here because RPGs and games and such united us, and in the end, we should always remember what we all have in common. It's nice to have a place like this to come and forget all the crappy things going on in the world (or talk about them).

I personally, no matter how annoyed or angry I might sound in a post or reply to any of you, think you're all great people here, and would always sit down and game and have a beer with you all. In fact:

you-can-be-t1g0du.jpg

Disclaimer: I'm not trying to cause drama or controversy or anything by posting this. (I know you all think I'm a terrible person). I just wanted to talk. I didn't want to post this in P&R because I don't think this should be controversial, and I wanted my friends/RPGWatch fam to talk to, not trolls/jerks.

First, and I am surprised no one said and you might be more surprised it is me.

I don't think anyone here thinks you are a terrible person. I think most of here think the site wouldn't be the same without you. I know the world wouldn't be if you or your wife were in the attack in your area.

It is getting harder as a parent with all this madness around to keep your children's hopes up.

Edit didn't see Caddy's post missed the second page.

Back
Top Bottom