Hmmm...NWN Original Campaign is pretty good!

I had the opposite experience. I tried the OC with my brother. Its was simply too easy so we got bored and quit. About 6 months later I picked up our game solo and I'm still playing.

Heh, I could imagine that you guys were too impatient. Normally multiplayer games are very quick and undemanding as far as the players' attention span is concerned. Think Diablo, Counter Strike or WoW. With NWN though you need to take it slow, read everything and most of all, give the other players an opportunity to read everything as well. Give each other time to shop, explore and think about how to advance and so on, rather than rushing through the game like in other MP games. :)

Todd, if you are playing MP you can change the setting to hard if you like. That is if you are hosting.
Sands of Fate and Gem Tower are two great mods as well. The rating system on the NWN vault is reliable. You will find a lot to enjoy IMHO.

I always read everything. The problem is the OC was so strait forward what was the point of reading? It got tedious. I never knew there was a difficulty setting. When I played solo it was much harder and more engaging so it was easier to take it slow. Generally I don't play games like Diablo or MMO's so I can't speak to those.

Thanks for the heads up on the mods!

Back
Top Bottom