Skyrim The Bethesda Ripoff!

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
So basically they want to make things so hard that not a single person actually manages to muster the willpower to do this?
Forcing people to buy the guidebook is bad enough (who pays for these at this day & age anyway?), but won't removing the UPC code also mean that you ruin your book?

Personally, if I already planned on buying the 5th anniversary, Skyrim and the guide, I would have no problem cutting off UPC codes. /shrug

bitch and moan but if you are a thrifty person and consider yourself a pc gamer than you have already done this countless times. discount=rebate

I don't mind that they did it, I mind that they're not upfront about it. The advertising says buy the anniversary edition and get $10 off Skyrim. That's misleading.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know if the 5th anniversary edition includes all the DLC? I know it includes Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine, but can't seem to determine if all the DLC is part of the package as well.

I know latter versions of Knights of the Nine DLC contained the other, smaller dlcs. It doesn't really spell it out on the 5th anniversary box. My Kot9 version has horse armor, the orrery, etc.

I'm rather interested in the question whether the 5th anniversary edition will be available here, too ?

No store around here has it listed as upcoming, as far as I can see.

Amazon.com does, by the way, list the PS3 & Xbox360 version as "frequently bought together". Who buys the same (full price) game for two different consoles in one go?

Let me get this straight…

First, the Oblivion anniversary edition doesn't even include all the DLC, which is ridiculous for a five year old game.

Then they want you to mutilate the box and the strategy guide by cutting out the UPC codes.

Then you have to wait 3-4 weeks to receive a gift card in the mail.

Uh yeah…. no thanks.

Beards.

If this topic annoys you, then visit the 'beards' topic on the official Skyrim forums. Enjoy!

bitch and moan but if you are a thrifty person and consider yourself a pc gamer than you have already done this countless times. discount=rebate

Really? You've cut out the UPC code countless times? The last time I did that I was in elementary school cutting out the code on a box of cereal.

The hoops they make you jump through to get a rebate is ridiculous. The UPC code is bad enough, but the fact that you have to buy both Skyrim and the strategy guide at the same time and within a one month period is sneaky. I applaud them for their rat-like behavior. ;)

And how dare they give us Arena and Daggerfall for free?! ;)

It sounds like the allowed the accountant instead of the PR guy to plan this little Promotion :)

Yeah, I agree, completely.

This is the worst joke in video gaming I have seen for a loong time.

Even that the DLCs aren't all included ... This is the "indirect DRM via DLCs policy" in full swing ...

I wonder if this counts as a 'discount'

7qB4.jpeg

Oh noes you saved 45 cents! No giftcard for you!

And how dare they give us Arena and Daggerfall for free?! ;)

Well, Daggerfall and Arena are both over 15 years old and since they're not on Gog, they won't really run at all without jumping through hoops. I'd gladly give away my unused garbage to someone too :)

As most of you know, I'm a big fanboi of Bethesda games. However, I'm not above criticizing the other areas of the company, if I feel they deserve it. This promotion is a money grab, and should be called out as such.

If they were smart they'd port those old TES games, and the more recent cell games over to iOS and Android. There's already people figuring out ways to get Daggerfall to run on Android, but of course it involves jumping through the obligatory hoops.

Back
Top Bottom