Elder Scrolls Online

Yes this is true. However its super annoying to do on PS4 (lack of keyboard) hence it didn't even cross my mind!

Ahh, that makes sense.

Though, what doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense is playing ESO on PS4 when you have a PC.

Lack of a global auction house is bit of an odd decision for super causal friendly game like ESO…

I don't know what you mean by super casual - as if there was any other kind in the AAA segment :)

They're trying to promote the sensation of a real economy and some added meaning to having a guild.

Personally, I really couldn't care less :)

Ahh, that makes sense.

Though, what doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense is playing ESO on PS4 when you have a PC.

I don't know what you mean by super casual - as if there was any other kind in the AAA segment :)

They're trying to promote the sensation of a real economy and some added meaning to having a guild.

Personally, I really couldn't care less :)

I actually have the game on PC too! I bought the bloody collectors edition at release. But I got pissed off with the game (hence all my whining abut the game here) and quit.

However then my brother (no gaming PC) bought me a PS4 copy with Morrowind expansion so we can play it together for old time sake. Back when original Morrowind was released we only had one PC at home and we had to take turns playing it. We both loved it but had lot of fights about who's turn it is to play :lol: Now we can play it together without fighting!

Its pity that ESO Morrowind has no "charms" of the original but we are still getting some nostalgia out of it!

I actually have the game on PC too! I bought the bloody collectors edition at release. But I got pissed off with the game (hence all my whining abut the game here) and quit.

However then my brother (no gaming PC) bought me a PS4 copy with Morrowind expansion so we can play it together for old time sake. Back when original Morrowind was released we only had one PC at home and we had to take turns playing it. We both loved it but had lot of fights about who's turn it is to play :lol: Now we can play it together without fighting!

Its pity that ESO Morrowind has no "charms" of the original but we are still getting some nostalgia out of it!

I guess that depends on whether you think the original Morrowind was particularly charming :)

I never thought it was that good, personally.

I think ESO is very good, though.

The big problem for USA and Down Under is the time difference. If Purple can play from 9 am till noon then it might work out for a typical evening gaming time for one of us. Just my 2¢.

P.S. I'd be willing to start over and play, Purple. I'm pretty casual and don't mind taking my time though the game. I'm pretty inexperienced in MMO's though. I played ESO as a solo game and did fine.

Purple, you are more than welcome to friend me, and maybe join a guild or 2 I am in that uses voice chat via Discord / Teamspeak. So much easier than texting for helping others. The game is not too complex, but odd at times. Sadly, my raid / dungeon guild has mostly evaporated and I need to find a new one. My PvP guild is probably one of the strongest in the Aldmeri Dominion. My 2 trading guilds have weekly requirements on sales and donations, so they wouldn't be good for a beginning player.

As Dart said I am on the North American server. My account name is…. @Thrasher91604

Last edited:
Thanks guys :D I'm thinking of picking it up in September once I finish The Aielund Saga run. I will probably play on weekends mostly, so 9am-12pm is very do-able. I will let all of you guys know once I know for sure I can play this without the motion sickness.

I play from Oz to the US. There's little to no noticeable lag. Population in the evenings here can be an issue… Depends on whether you like seeing lots of other people. TBH when every second toon is running around with a stupid looking jester crown and bright purple armour you aren't missing much IMO. I also hate seeing most of the pets, they look really stupid. Option to disable gimmicky crap like that would be welcome. So, for me, less people is actually better. Many of the quest locations are shared. Can be very annoying to be stealthing through a quest location for example and then Leeroy Jenkins comes through destroying everything in your path. But conversely it can also be handy when it comes fighting a boss to get a bit of help. So pro and cons, I just roll with it these days.

It's not overly complex game at it's core, but there is a lot of different types of content, which can be complex in it's own way I suppose.

It is very easy to play casually. All the adventuring is neatly parceled up into relatively short quests centred on points of interest on the map. It can get a bit repetitive meeting up with soldiers or refugees or whatever every time you approach a new location. But it does mean you can knock over a few locations in an evening whilst enjoying the sights - which is one of the best things, the world is fun to explore.

As mentioned above it's pretty easy going and soloing isn't difficult. I'd recommend it if you like Elder Scrolls and want something that's as accessible as you want it to be, as opposed to some other MMOs which can feel more like a second job. Plus there's tons of content to explore so there's no lack of things to do and they are still releasing stuff. Not as much as originally promised but it's still ticking along.

Have fun

=)

Last edited:
Can be very annoying to be stealthing through a quest location for example and then Leeroy Jenkins comes through destroying everything in your path.

I LOLed hard at this, I haven't heard the term "Leeroy Jenkins" in a while :)

As mentioned above it's pretty easy going and soloing isn't difficult. I'd recommend it if you like Elder Scrolls and want something that's as accessible as you want it to be, as opposed to some other MMOs which can feel more like a second job.

Exactly what I am looking for, I don't plan on getting super geared and show off my awesome DPS etc etc. I just want to play it like singleplayer, so I can RP a villager with good trading skills, tendering house and go for small adventures here and there with small group of friends.

Thanks!! ^^

FWIW, I think it's signicantly more challenging to solo than, say, WoW - at least in the beginning stages.

Obviously, it's not a big deal to people who're experienced or who're used to optimise gear and builds.

But if you're going to be really casual - then there's quite a few quests that might not be complete pushovers if you expect to do them half asleep - like you can do in WoW all the way to max level.

That said, once you get a toon to a high enough CP level - your alts will gain a very significant advantage - and, at that point, most of the solo content will be a joke to most people.

But, I was certainly surprised at how I actually died here and there during my journey with my first characters :)

Last edited:
Hi purpleblob - I'm playing this game a lot since December 2016. (1345 hours to be exact). I'm level 505 and know a lot about the campaigns, dungeons, crafting, trading and PVP. So feel free to ask me anything about the game.
  • I started playing the campaigns solo.
  • After finishing the campaigns at lvl 70 or so I tried PVP and joined a PVP guild
  • After lvl 160 (max. gear level) I joined two trading guilds to get an income and max out my gear for veteran dungeons, trials and advanced PVP raids.

I dunno about all that stuff. I don't have any CP or high level toons. I find all the normal zone questing and delves pretty easy to do. I die very rarely and dying is pretty much a non event. So don't be put off, I've found up to where I'm at with 3 toons in the mid 20s the game is quite easy to play solo… As long as you're careful of course ;)

Last edited:
So much fun soloing it. 7 characters who share 1760 hours of game time in all. I'm roughly at 270 CPs - not HiddenX's level because I always try to bring one guy to lvl 50 and then the next one (and you earn CPs after lvl 50). All CPs basically come from my main char (and crafter) who I paused to have other chars play other content. Lots of exploring to do, and if you played all the other non-mobile Elder Scrolls games, there will be so much backwards nostalgia... being able to walk the streets of Daggerfall by night (--> Daggerfall). Climbing the lighthouse of Stros M'kai (--> Redguard). Meeting the Tharn family (--> Arena), and so on...

Unless you spread your points evenly over your stats, doing dungeons alone will not be a problem at all.

And I love the housing so much. Not enough furniture slots by far, but they say the'd try to raise the limit somehow, and I think they will do that some day. But boy, what wonders you can work with an empty room and the furniture you can get cheap from guild traders...

I also got Morrowind. I have owned the game form the start but never got past level 7-10 for various reasons. But I really like the Warden class so picked it up this weekend. Also finally figured out how to make a decent character in ESO. Also found out they allow you to use ReShade which means I can play around with making graphic presets. So started playing this weekend. This is my warden Fenn, Redguard based. Character from my current Skyrim who was sent back in time …

Okay, so here are my guys:

1) My main - Imperial, sorcerer (summoner) of the tanky sort, vampire, crafter. Humble beginnings, quick rise, tragic presence … but he feels better now. Has a very soft spot for Orcs. DC
2) Imperial, templar of the tanky sort. Not much else because the templar doesn't seem to be my class. EP
3) Bosmer, nightblade of the sneaky, roguish, bows-and-arrows sort. A not-quite-so-successful thief, but she stoill loves stealing. AD
4) Orc, dragon knight of the, well, tanky sort. A great heroine. EP
5) My second main - Dunmer, stamina nightblade of the murderous sort. He can embody quite a convincing drunken sailor if he's not posing as a scholar. Oh yes, he's also a ladie's man. And a werewolf. EP
6) My current char - Redguard, sorcerous warden of the zoo keeper sort. Slightly tanky, somewhat heroic and quite friendly. Still. DC

Attachments

• cassV.JPG
    cassV.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 35
  • galenA.JPG
    galenA.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 36
  • sasen.JPG
    sasen.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 35
  • makhaGG.JPG
    makhaGG.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 35
  • devalS.JPG
    devalS.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 35
  • dariusAG.JPG
    dariusAG.JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 6
And due to the picture limit of 6, here comes char No. 7:

7) My son's char - Altmer, damage-dealing sorceress, quite a lady. Loves pigs, the color green and camels. Green camels in particular. AD

Attachments

• aeli.JPG
    aeli.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 10
I don't really do alts.

Here's my main (NB assassin ranger thingy):

8zFHElO.png

Hidden Lobo:

Attachments

• Hidden_Lobo.jpg
    Hidden_Lobo.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 13
Okay, so here are my guys:

1) My main - Imperial, sorcerer (summoner) of the tanky sort, vampire, crafter. Humble beginnings, quick rise, tragic presence … but he feels better now. Has a very soft spot for Orcs. DC
2) Imperial, templar of the tanky sort. Not much else because the templar doesn't seem to be my class. EP
3) Bosmer, nightblade of the sneaky, roguish, bows-and-arrows sort. A not-quite-so-successful thief, but she stoill loves stealing. AD
4) Orc, dragon knight of the, well, tanky sort. A great heroine. EP
5) My second main - Dunmer, stamina nightblade of the murderous sort. He can embody quite a convincing drunken sailor if he's not posing as a scholar. Oh yes, he's also a ladie's man. And a werewolf. EP
6) My current char - Redguard, sorcerous warden of the zoo keeper sort. Slightly tanky, somewhat heroic and quite friendly. Still. DC

Those are great! I have a lot of interest in seeing what others have done with the character creator and outfit options in ESO 3,4, and 6 are my favorites as far as looks and the shots.

Fenn will be a werewolf-warden and my main. One more of him:

Shots can be a little dark - need to tweak the gamma settings.

I also created a secondary named Myrkwulf ... simply because rogues are among my favorite class and wanted to also do the TG with him.

Some things I have done with a desaturated version of ReShade:

Or alternatively a very heavily saturated one at night:

Back
Top Bottom