Night Dive Studios - First Screen Shots from System Shock 1

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Polygon has first exclusive screenshots from the System Shock 1 remake. Thanks to Xian for noticing this!

"We have been in contact with members of the original System Shock team and any future iterations of the System Shock games, and by this I mean both new titles in the series as well as major updates to the existing games, will be very true to the spirit of the originals," Kick told us.

That commitment to preserving the essence of the 1994 release is made apparent in concept artist Robb Waters' participation with the remake, which will be powered by the Unity engine.
100.1238_Screenshot.0.0.png

The images are embedded and I can't link them all here.

More information.

Looks very promising.

This looks wonderful!

I can't believe this remake wasn't done years ago, this will certainly be an instant buy for me. Hopefully followed by an SS2 remake as well.:fingerscrossed:

Looking at the screenshot, they kept that exactly like the original layout...event the junk on the floor is there.

Needs more chromatic aberration and blurring, my eyes are only partially strained from looking at a single screenshot.

I always get a little nervous when I see the word "reimagined" being used. I hope they can keep this an exact 1:1 duplication of the original game.

I always get a little nervous when I see the word "reimagined" being used. I hope they can keep this an exact 1:1 duplication of the original game.

Exactly, "reimagined" as well as "streamlined" are both red flags to me. Hopefully, in this case it's just an empty expression and nothing more.

Looking damn amazing. Looking forward to it. I could never get into the original because when I tried it I was already used to the modern 3D control scheme from SS2 and Thief. Somehow I've totally missed the early 3D games. I guess I was too busy playing X-Com...

Back
Top Bottom