DaggerXL demo2

zzajin

innocent bystander
This is the last monolithic demo, which is why I’m now calling it the “Pre-Alpha”. From now on, builds will be incremental – smaller and more frequent. Many things have been added since my last post, including simple fast traveling, levitate, horse travel – implemented as a fast run for now, a title screen, interior doors with sound effects, dungeon music, a cheesy quick save/load and more. For the next incremental build, I’ll start working on real terrain system – so expect more exciting updates.

More from the blog

Here's the list of new features from the roadmap.
  • World Map Support for the Daggerfall region. Fully seamless world comprising all locations in the region.
  • City and location support; note dungeons will not be available in this demo – other then Privateer’s Hold. [The locations will exist but you will not be able to enter].
  • Temporary flat, single texture terrain.
  • Exterior block objects, flats, buildings, foilage and lights. (Cities, towns, castles, graveyards, etc.)
  • Working interior to exterior doors.
  • Working interiors.
  • Interior and exterior NPCs
  • Time of day: includes lighting changes, proper window color, sky rendering, NPCs going in at night.
  • Music and sound.
  • Travel modes: horse and foot.
  • Resting support.
  • Climbing support.
  • Interior and exterior regional texturing.
  • Simple quick-save. (Not the final save game solution).
  • Extended feature: Extended view distance.
  • Extended feature: Bloom
  • Extended feature: Sky smoothing filter – designed to smooth out the dithering and gradients without affecting the intentional edges.

Also not mentioned is the support for basic modding - just swapping textures. This was added as a number of people on the forum have begun making new textures.

Thanks for the update zzajin, I was just thinking about DaggerXL earlier today.

I'm eagerly looking forward to trying out the combat in a future demo.

Back
Top Bottom