The Forgotten City - Noclip Documentary

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Noclip released a documentary on the making of The Forgotten City. They claim the video is spoiler-free.

How a Lawyer Sacrificed his Career to Redevelop his Skyrim Mod | The Forgotten City Documentary

We talk to Modern Storyteller's Nick Pearce about his remarkable journey to create The Forgotten City.

More information.

The character faces look quite realistic with personality - I didn't catch where they got assets, only that it was him and a programmer. But it looks really good. I guess he had more people work for him as freelancers? https://polycount.com/discussion/227524/3d-environment-assets-ue4-the-forgotten-city

Man I wish I could do that.

I'm not really sure how many helped, but I was somewhat impressed by how he left a lawyer career and took the risk to pursue this. Those are not the easiest studies and credentials to obtain.

Yes, I hope it was worth it. Well judging from Steam reviews it was.

I still cannot understand how they pulled it together - I have heard about another dev who left his job aswell to pursue his dream to create Skyrim like game, but their game end up quite broken with basic assets and not very successful. So you can only guess what the original dream was.
But this game really looks like they had very focused direction. Maybe it is again about the details, about trying to complete it - like how he reworked the facial animations or how he did all the work of contacting experts, so it is indie, realistic setting, which seems to be the hardest, but it still looks quite polished (atleast in the video).

Back
Top Bottom