D&D Online Unlimited

Free players can't sell items? That would be a deal killer for me.

Free players can sell items, however I have not figured out how to sell items that are bound to my character...basically items that have been given to you during quest completions.

Free players can sell items, however I have not figured out how to sell items that are bound to my character…basically items that have been given to you during quest completions.

That's exactly what 'bound' means, it's for your character alone

So bound items can be kept, or dropped, and not sold?

Bound Items

While there are many objects that can be freely traded between you and other players, some become bound to you once they are placed in your inventory. “Bound” items can’t be traded, sold, or mailed between other players or characters. There are three types of bound items. Items that bind when you place them in your inventory are called “Bind on Acquire”. Equipment that can be traded, but once worn becomes bound, is called “Bind on Equip”. In both cases, once an item is bound, it can’t be unbound. The final type is "Bound to Account". This means that while you can't trade or sell the item to other players, you can place the item in your account-wide bank and any character on your account can use the item.

This sucks for me, now I can't sell a few expensive items I've been holding in my pack.

Bound Items

While there are many objects that can be freely traded between you and other players, some become bound to you once they are placed in your inventory. “Bound” items can’t be traded, sold, or mailed between other players or characters. There are three types of bound items. Items that bind when you place them in your inventory are called “Bind on Acquire”. Equipment that can be traded, but once worn becomes bound, is called “Bind on Equip”. In both cases, once an item is bound, it can’t be unbound. The final type is "Bound to Account". This means that while you can't trade or sell the item to other players, you can place the item in your account-wide bank and any character on your account can use the item.

This sucks for me, now I can't sell a few expensive items I've been holding in my pack.
you can sell them to NPC vendors, just not to other players

That's weird i've tried selling my byeshk something something bastard sword and it doesn't show up on my list of items to sell. I also cannot put it up for auction. Whenever I drag and drop into the auction house it tells my I cannot sell that item.

It's the best weapon I have at this point but I don't have the exotic weapon feat so I'd rather not waste a feat on it.

That's weird i've tried selling my byeshk something something bastard sword and it doesn't show up on my list of items to sell. I also cannot put it up for auction. Whenever I drag and drop into the auction house it tells my I cannot sell that item.

It's the best weapon I have at this point but I don't have the exotic weapon feat so I'd rather not waste a feat on it.

you can also not sell stuff that is damaged (you need to repair it first), and also, there are vendors that only buy some time of equipment (but what they buy, they pay more for it than a general vendor)

I got sick and tired of grinding in MMO(RPG)s. So I've decided not to play any MMO ever again. And then someone said go for this game, it's everything except grinding.
I didn't believe. But I've been playing DDO for a few days now, and I must say this is one awsome game. It has absolutely everything! Quests+dungeons+I can't believe but it has PUZZLES!!!
MMO can't exist without grinding? Yea right. I've finally found one.

I have been wanting to play DDO. Thanks for the information. I don't want to be restricted at all in my play so I'll continue paying for Ryzom.

And don't forget that RPGWatch has its own guild on the Khyber server!!

If I were to start from scratch, which class is easiest to solo up to level 4? I'd prefer a rogue or mage, but I know they can pretty weak at low levels...

From what I've been told, a rogue is very difficult to solo. I've solo'd 2 mages (sorc, wiz) and a cleric and a bard with little to no problem. You can hire help, but I've always tried to avoid that.

If I were to start from scratch, which class is easiest to solo up to level 4? I'd prefer a rogue or mage, but I know they can pretty weak at low levels…

D&D Online is basically the worst game to solo. You're really missing on a lot by not playing with other people here. Sure you can solo, but it's not nearly as fun and rewarding as going with others. Rogues finding/removing traps, healers buffing and healing, warriors to get the brunt, casters to do some damage. Groups in DDO are much more than the sum of their characters, unlike most other MMOs where grouping is just soloing with other people.

You can solo, however it gets much more difficult the higher the level for each dungeon. I had to go back to the beginning island later on to finish them on the highest levels. I did find out that eventually you may need to pay to actually get further in the game unless you feel like grinding. I'm so far at level 7 or 8 but have stopped playing due to dragon age. I'll return and hopefully join some of you guys on Khyber server.

Uh, yes but I don't want to play with idiots that will ruin my game while I level up to 4.

Thrasher, NEVER leave a line like that available for others (like me) to add a smart comment!! :) I behaved myself this time. You could always try to get one of the US players from here to team up with you for some help getting your char levelled. Leave a message in the Team Corwin thread.

I should have been more specific: idiots = immature bratty WOW kiddies in this context. If I play with someone I want them to be reliable and responsible, something I have found very rare on teh MP servers. :)

Back
Top Bottom