Scalebound cancelled

It's not odd. The product was most proably imbecillic arcadey rubbish and someone at Microsoft was smart enough to know such crap won't sell on PC. By the looks of screenshots that can't run on inferior hardware means it can't go on phones either. So it got axed.

It's not odd. The product was most proably imbecillic arcadey rubbish and someone at Microsoft was smart enough to know such crap won't sell on PC. By the looks of screenshots that can't run on inferior hardware means it can't go on phones either. So it got axed.

Common', that's crazy, even by your standards.

The game did look rough (for a Platinum game) and had a troubling development, but makes no sense to kill it this late.
Seems Sony has nothing to worry about as Microsoft keeps killing their own games. Few that they are. ;)

You don't have to agree with anything I said.
But I believe I made sense why it was late kill.

Well, it's hard to judge from a few short videos, but it did seem quiet crappy and being in development for 3 years is almost never good.
Probably a tough decision but the right one.

The "troubled" development might have more to do with the fact that it is a 200 devs company and they worked on/released:
Bayonetta 2
The Legend of Korra
Transformers: Devastation
Star Fox Zero
Star Fox Guard
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan
Neir Automata
Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link
Lost Order

Between announcing Scalebound 3 years ago and the cancellation…

It was probably more like the opposite, i.e. it wasn't "imbecillic arcadey rubbish" enough for Microsoft's low standards ;) .

Back
Top Bottom