DA:I Review of Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Age: Inquisition
It is hardly baroq, it's definetly not renaissance either. Or something else. It's some mix of stuff. But mostly it's nadrealistic. For example:

pic.jpg

That painting alone tells so many stories, and it's not the only such thing in the game.

I adore the artwork too.
Compared to other openworld games and previous Bioware stuff, with artwork DA3 pwns them all.

I didn't even catch that, nice one. I like the overall design and artwork though, it's greatly superior to the previous Dragon Age titles.

It is hardly baroq, it's definetly not renaissance either. Or something else. It's some mix of stuff. But mostly it's nadrealistic. For example:

pic.jpg

That painting alone tells so many stories, and it's not the only such thing in the game.

I adore the artwork too.
Compared to other openworld games and previous Bioware stuff, with artwork DA3 pwns them all.

That's the cover from one of the tie-in novels they used, The Masked Empire in this case. The whole game uses old concept art too, that was already the case in DA2. Due to Frostbite 3 and the PC / new consoles, they can put these detailed pictures in. Some of those are used for the ceilings in Orlesian buildings.

It's a very economical use of resources.

You can even find paintings in the least likely of places, like wooden huts in Ferelden.

Economical or not, the point is while DA2 looked so bland and empty, DA3 is unbelievably rich in content and is worth exploring. The only problem are endless respawns. Those are so annoying I stopped playing many times just to cool my head down before I continue with the game. It's simply an utter design fail in this game. Any word on a mod that'll prevent endless respawns at least before reentering an area?

Usually you won't find some overpowered item while exploring, but will definetly notice visual richness and in some cases it can end with humorous stuff. Like this amulet (you can get it only if you carefully explore):

pic.jpg

I laughed like crazy when I saw it and regardless of limited inventory space, never sold it.

Is that the actual GUI? Boy, does that look ugly. The gameworld screenshots I've seen looked lush and great, even breathtaking. But why does the UI look so bland and uninspired? Isn't that, like, totally clashing?

Yes it's the horrible beyond words inventory system in Dragon Age 3.
An obvious console game ported on PC and you can use that pic as a proof Bioware lied when said that main platform is PC.

Just so you know, to orientate in this utter fail inventory I didn't use mouse at all, but esc/space and wasd/arrow keys.
And that's, by Escapist, 10/10 game. On phones, maybe it is. On PC? Never!

Back
Top Bottom