Anyone want to test a new demo of BloodLust - Indie Vampire RPG?

wrfstudios

Traveler
Hello,

I am working on a new Indie Vampire RPG and looking for a few players to test out and email some feedback about their experience. Tell me what they like and dont like about the current demo.

It is a 3D action-style RPG - if interested, feel free to check out some screenshots and video at the website…

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/bloodlust

If you want to try out the demo, simply sign up and I will send you a link.

It would be nice to find a couple people who would be part-time volunteer testers and try out the demo - providing feedback as it evolves into a full game. Let me know if anyone is interested?

Please note: the current download size is approximately 300MB and you probably need some sort of 3D video card (nothing too fancy but integrated onboard video may not be fast enough - unless you have a new gaming laptop or something)

Thanks
Bill

Sent an email as well. I like what I see. One thing though, you might want to think about renaming some of the skills so that they aren't quite the same as World of Darkness.

I don't know much about copyright law, but I've seen a few indies get taken to court over things like that.

I just signed up for the demo. I don't normally participate in trying Betas due to a lack of extra gaming time, but I'm curious if this game plays as good as it looks.

Just signed up, I'm very curious to try your game, it reminds me a bit of Bloodlines mixed with Redemption (modern days part of course).

Thanks everyone who tested and sent feedback... really appreciate it...lot of good suggestions mentioned.

If you had a chance to play please send any comments or suggestions.

Thanks
Bill

I played for a bit this morning… here are some quick impressions.

While I didn't have a problem with the controls, I think you would be better off implementing a normal WASD scheme.

Enemies are respawning much too quickly.

I think you have the stats swapped for the small and large swords right now. The small sword requires higher strength and does more damage than the large sword.

I don't think every enemy should drop a loot bag.

While I didn't have a problem with the controls, I think you would be better off implementing a normal WASD scheme.

I hate WASD. :p Toggleable is fine though. As long as I can set it to the arrow keys I am good.

I don't think every enemy should drop a loot bag.

Or maybe just dial down what the bags give? A couple of coins or some fairly useless junk most of the time is fine probably, but the rate at which decent weapons were given was a bit high, I agree.

Enemies are respawning...
I seriously wanted to give it a try, but here's some feedback from me without seeing it.
wrfstudios, I despise games with respawns. If I kill something, I want to see it killed for good and if I wanted to pwn billions of enemies I'd play some Rambo game. This doesn't mean respawning is bad, there are hordes of players who play only games with respawns so you'll have your audience for sure, but I won't touch this game.

Good luck!

Thanks for trying it out and giving feedback… good ideas!

Right now I just have it setup like WOW and DragonAge - I figured that would probably be the safest way until I can get around to putting in a key remap in the options.

Also… interesting observation on the respawns… You guys are probably right about this… I just set it up this way for the demo so that players could kill enough monsters to gain levels and earn "skill points" and give them a chance to play around with some of the skills available. (Expecially since some skills are required to complete some of the quests in the demo - such as Auspex and Shapeshifting - if the player spends wrong they will need to earn more exp and skill points to put into correct skills)

Once the demo is a little bigger with more monsters I wont need to repawn monsters.

Same thing with the excessive loot bags… I just wanted people to get enough stuff to use or sell and have an enjoyable experience (but now I see people will think that is how the full game will be - so that is not cool LOL!)

If anyone wants to try a new version, simply contact me via the website and I will send a link.

Thanks

Last edited:
I hate WASD. :p Toggleable is fine though. As long as I can set it to the arrow keys I am good.

I don't mean the movement keys should have to be mapped specifically to "WASD", I just meant the scheme of being able to use keys to sidestep.

Same thing with the excessive loot bags… I just wanted people to get enough stuff to use or sell and have an enjoyable experience (but now I see people will think that is how the full game will be - so that is not cool LOL!)

It's not that I found the loot to be excessive, I just don't think certain monsters should drop loot at all. For instance, how can a snake be carrying a breastplate? :)

Looks great. One suggestion though: Remove all similarities with white wolf's world of darkness. White Wolf are utter assholes who sue at the slightest drop of a pin (though they have never won AFAIK).

Just so you know. So rename Auspex to something else, like Astral Sight or something.

Question: What can you shapeshift into? How does it affect your character? Do you get stronger in combat?

Is this guy still active on these forums? Been playing the demo and this stuff has great potential. (and sorry for necro'ing)

Back
Top Bottom