Risen - XBox 360 Patch Available

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
According to the World of Risen forums some players already have the new Risen patch for XBox 360. What it actually does remains to be seen.
More information.

Posted at another forum, no link provided:

PATCH NOTES FOR 360 VERSION:

- brightness slider
- lighting of the vegetation was improved
- more dense vegetation at some places
- improved level of detail (LOD) of the mip-maps
- some minor bugs fixed, just like HUD-elements sticking at the screen when they shouldn't, problems with the scrollbar in menu, popup-problems with maps and so on

If that's only gfx patch... That's bad. The game has some critical bugs, and on XBOX there are some odd things like placing a key NPCs on the houseroofs for whatever reason?!

If that's only gfx patch… That's bad. The game has some critical bugs, and on XBOX there are some odd things like placing a key NPCs on the houseroofs for whatever reason?!

Sounds like a consequence of the weird clipping/collision bug that I experienced on occasion with the PC version. For some reason, entering or exiting through certain doorways results in being teleported to the roof and you can get around it by staring into the ground most of the time. I thought it had to do with the camera angles somehow, but if this happens to NPCs as well, it most be something different.

No, no... On the PC version your character had the issue you mention on two doorways, one in Harbor City, another one in Eastern temple. Both are reported on official forum but are not critical bugs - you can transform into a nautilus or fly through the door. ;)

However, on XBOX version NPCs sometimes appear on unbelievable spots and break the quest or even the game. An example is Brogar - a player reported the issue where he had a quest to defeat him in arena, however Brogar was standing on the roof of his hut and couldn't move away from there. Also he was unattackable, even bows/xbows couldn't hit him. It's just one example and there were more reported on offical forum. A thing like that was never reported on PC version.

The only thing where NPC behaves abnormal reported for both versions was where Grand inquisitor falls into a lava pit - and never dies because in Risen critical NPCs are (temporarily) invincible. Yes, I'm talking about gamestopper bug here.

Don't get me wrong here, bugs in this game happen in rare occasions, I must say I experienced only 2 questbreak bugs (4leaders quest and fence the butcher quest) but succesfully finished all other quests and the game itself, but I do believe those things have to be patched prior to graphics.

Back
Top Bottom