Battle Chasers: Nightwar - Release Day

Cool… glad to hear that. Is there much from a story perspective?

The story so far is me hunting down two of my companions. Its nothing in depth but it doesn't really need to be. There are also lore books scattered around dungeons that fill in the backstory of different parties. The story seems to happen when you complete objectives and run into characters on the main map.

The story so far is me hunting down two of my companions. Its nothing in depth but it doesn't really need to be. There are also lore books scattered around dungeons that fill in the backstory of different parties. The story seems to happen when you complete objectives and run into characters on the main map.

Good to know... story is a bonus for me in these kind of games. As long as the core mechanics around combat and exploration, etc are good, then its probably worth trying. Steam reviews are very positive too.

I have it from the kickstarter but it will be a while before I play. Gotta finish xcom chosen; d:eek:s 2; ME/A; fallout 4 and dishonored 2 first (last 3 not started). In addition I have about a month of travel between now and new years :(

This game came out of nowhere and really surprised me positively.

It's a very good and polished throwback to the Final Fantasy/Chrono Trigger style. It has quite a few twists and tricks up its sleeve though, such as world map design, quest and dungeon design etc.

Characters are all voiced most of the time, they're really likeable and each has a personality to match.

Combat wise, it's Final Fantasy with a few tweaks. You have to assign specific roles for each character or you will lose. That is nice because each character (6 in total), has a host of perks you have to choose in order to fill a role in your party of 3. The amount of content (loot, skills, perks, equipments, crafting, game length) is awesome and will keep you busy for many hours.

The story is passable but that did not disturb me at all.

All in all, a very good game. If you are into JRPGs, this is a must have.

I have to second the "game came out of nowhere and surprised me pleasantly" on this title. Just got it, put around six hours into it so far and it's quite enjoyable. It's like... well, it's like Torchlight or Torchlight II with turn-based combat as far as graphics and "flavor" seem to go. There's a fishing "mini" game that you can basically ignore if you like. The randomly generated dungeons are a nice touch, especially if you're re-visiting them on higher difficulty levels, as seems to be the intention.

I'm having fun with this one.

High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern
Watched a few streams. Apart from the art direction, the rest is already seen elsewhere.

Watched a few streams. Apart from the art direction, the rest is already seen elsewhere.

Great?

What did that add? Most games you could say the same about.

You chiened this.

Chien, you need to stop copying everybody else. We all breathe already, so stop it!

See? It's totally silly to denigrate something because it has aspects of everything else. Fail!

The breathing thing is inherited, coming from duplication of DNA.

Far different from this product's case. Which is the result of volunteer copy.

Now if people are naturally programmed to copy as the remark implies it, it makes it even worse for people coming from places that lambasted other societies that supposedly failed to innovate and destroyed them for that shortcoming (among other things)

What did that add? Most games you could say the same about.

You chiened this.

Most products from the crowdfunded scene indeed.

Now even a product like Shadow of War adds something: it is a better version of the previous one. Everything is the same but done better.

An old one with one correction (they way I heard it originally):
http://www.kaitaia.com/jokes/Dumb Blonde/Blonde_Jokes30.htm
There was a blonde that went to the hair salon with headphones.
Before the barber started cutting her hair she told him "Make sure not to knock the headphones off my head". So the barber was sure not to.

The next time, the blonde said the same thing "Do not knock the headphones off my head". The barber again, did what he was told.

The third time she went, she told the barber again "Don't knock the headphones off my head", this time though, the barber accidentally knocked them off. As soon as the headphones fell off, the blonde dropped to the floor unconcious dead.
The barber picked up the headphones and listened, and this is what it said "Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out…."

Back
Top Bottom