Isinica: Clash of Magic - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Isinica: Clash of Magic, an open world turn-based RPG has been released.

• Get ready to partake in an open world epic journey.
  • A deep and enthralling story.
  • Turn-based, animated strategic combat with over 550 enemies
  • More than 150 hours of game play
  • Choose from 12 classes, have up to 10 characters in your party
  • Skill and Stat point distribution system create your characters anyway you want
  • 100's of Quests
  • 40+ skills including many new combat skills
  • 100+ spells in 6 spellcasting schools
  • Amazing random loot system
  • Buy and sell houses
  • Lots of Crafting
Isinica Clash of Magic offers a very unique story, the story is long and offers many twists and turns. There are many quests that you can have, some of which are very long. You can do all of these quests without breaking up the main quest.

You start out with your main character, you will be able to choose from 12 classes. Throughout your adventure you will be able to recruit up to 10 characters you will have complete control over all of them. You may only have 4 characters fight at one time. You will be able to set your characters formation at anytime out of battles.
There will be so much to do, like crafting alchemy, blacksmithing, tailoring, fishing, mining and lumberjacking just to name a few. characters can use special skills or magic depending on their class, there are over 140 skills and magic spells.

Isinica uses something similar to the ad&d ruleset, if you know about the Wizardry, Might and Magic, Final Fantasy, and Ultima games then you will really love Isinica Clash of Magic.
The battles are very exciting and some of them can be very long and challenging. there are over 550 unique enemies. You may encounter little things like goblins to mighty dragons. We have put alot into the loot system. most loot is random so you never know what you will get.
The world is very large, it has about 30 cities, towns, and villages. There are many types of dungeons, caves, towers, fortresses, outposts to explore some are not so easily found.
http://ellisstudios.org/isinica/index…
More information.

So this is yet another version of the shovelware for which they claim they need a Kickstarter?

Yeah, but the combat seems more fun in this version. It is better represented on the battlefield and there are less, but sometimes longer battles. I still haven't played much of this but it's pretty fun, especially in the $5 crowd. It is very similar to all the other games as far as most aspects though.

Leaving aside the open question of whether they've ripped off other people's work, I find it pretty astonishing that they're selling yet another iteration of essentially the same game, while the Kickstarter for the previous incarnation is still running. :biggrin: I just can't take these guys seriously.

Well the graphics they use are from Pioneer Valley, which sells graphics for RPG Maker. I own them myself, so those certainly aren't a rip off. From my work with RPG maker, I can say hats off to anyone who can make a hundred hour game that is fun to play. That's surely over 1000 man hours invested in development. The D&D class system is also fairly difficult to implement in rpgmaker, since its set standardly for a Final Fantasy attribute and class system. Its also made for set characters and not a generic party, so that's even more work invested.
To the developers I'd say though it wasn't a good idea to send RPGWatch news of so many releases in such a short time span, even if they have been made over a longer time span. It would have been better to have gone with one, or maximum two and tried to get people excited about those. What you've done leads to the impression Ripper has got that you don't invest much time in your games, or you recycle constantly and are basically releasing the same game with few changes. For example if I were to buy one of your games (and I only buy games on GOG or Steam these days) I'd have no idea which one to buy, and that might lead me to buy none of them.

It's not the tilesets that are being questioned - it's particular maps. The accusation from the users at the RPGmaker forums is that these devs have simply put screenshots of other people's graphics into their promo. I asked a detailed question that illustrates the suspicions in the other thread, to try and pin this issue down, but I've had no response. If they can provide a convincing response, rather than vague denials, I will happily apologise.

Bear in mind that the devs are calling these users liars, and accusing them of having a grudge against them. If that's not true, and I don't believe it is, that's pretty contemptible. Add to that running a Kickstarter for a game that's already complete and being sold, while simultaneously releasing yet another iteration of that same game, and I think it all looks pretty sketchy.

EDIT: They've now deleted the video from Youtube and KS, and cancelled the KS claiming that lies have undermined them. Utter bullshit.

Last edited:
It's not the tilesets that are being questioned - it's particular maps. The accusation from the users at the RPGmaker forums is that these devs have simply put screenshots of other people's graphics into their promo. I asked a detailed question that illustrates the suspicions in the other thread, to try and pin this issue down, but I've had no response. If they can provide a convincing response, rather than vague denials, I will happily apologise.

Bear in mind that the devs are calling these users liars, and accusing them of having a grudge against them. If that's not true, and I don't believe it is, that's pretty contemptible. Add to that running a Kickstarter for a game that's already complete and being sold, while simultaneously releasing yet another iteration of that same game, and I think it all looks pretty sketchy.

EDIT: They've now deleted the video from Youtube and KS, and cancelled the KS claiming that lies have undermined them. Utter bullshit.

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn't kept up with that thread.

Well…I would like to say one thing, then you all can go about saying whatever you want.
We did not steal any maps or art! nothing in our games is stolen! Humans and monsters is a totally different game than Isinica the battle systems are not even close to the same.
We had used some images of maps that came with our packages just to show off the maps, and Mary Logan over at the rpgmaker website already did not like us cause she thinks we are damaging jrpgs we had it out with them months ago. They hate old school rpgs. if its not anim they don't like it. She told lies and said we were using stuff that was not ours in our games, it was not true. everyone who plays Isinica has loved it. We took Humans and monsters off kickstarter because of her lies she told. And to you Ripper you are doing the same thing she was doing over at rpgmaker site months ago. no matter what we post or what we say about anything you got something against us. It really does not matter to us what anyone thinks. We won't be responding to this post anylonger take it down as far as we care! All we were doing was showing off art thats it. and we did not copy and paste from one kick starter to the next so stop spreading more lies. Isinica is not humans and monsters it has been in development for 1 year!
And the reason we have a kickstarter project is for help with promotion and marketing there is nothing wrong with that!

Yes, you might as well keep repeating the same noise, and trying to pin this on the people that called you out. There's probably some out there daft enough to buy into it.

If you give proper answers to the questions I put in the other thread, along with adequate evidence, I will take it all back.

Also, I notice that backers of this Kickstarter get a copy of the sequel, Isinica 2 A new World. And that's due in December. Has that one been in development for a year, too?

I have a question. When I use the teleport scroll to the Yekla, it is all burned down! It is a long haul to the goblin caves and back, espec. with random encounters. Is this a bug or a feature? I haven't done the other quests other than returning Chindy's horse yet.

Thanks.

Rob

More questions: I have been looking for a wizard at the guild in Tekla. I haven't seen the characters change, other than a couple of NPCs were there when I started but went away before I could recruit them. How often does it change the party members? Do they start at lvl. 1 again? Or is it based on events in the storyline and not amount of time passed?

Thanks.

Rob

More Questions

I have played some more and have more questions:

1. If I later find a party member I want to add, I assume he will start at lvl. 1?

2. Where is Blighted Cap? I THOUGHT that there was a cave other than the goblin cave right in Yekla, but I can't find it again.

Thanks.

Rob

I have played some more and have more questions:

1. If I later find a party member I want to add, I assume he will start at lvl. 1?

2. Where is Blighted Cap? I THOUGHT that there was a cave other than the goblin cave right in Yekla, but I can't find it again.

Thanks.

Rob

the blighted cap is outside the first village above a patch of woods. new members will start at level 1 but you can find trainers to boost there levels.

It's a dance we call the Sockpuppet Bump.

Back
Top Bottom