NieR: Automata - Review @ RPGFan

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
RPGFan has reviewed NieR: Automata:

NieR: Automata

"It's been a while since a game shattered my expectations to the extent that NieR: Automata has."

I didn't know what to expect when I first jumped into NieR: Automata. I had skimped out on the original NieR after hearing some less than stellar opinions on it from close friends, and Yoko Taro's past track record for games didn't leave me too eager to buy his next release. Yet there was a certain kind of magic to the game that was clear to see on the YouTube gameplay reveal video last October, and that made me want to take a chance with this game. A chance that I'm incredibly glad to have taken.
[...]
It's been a while since a game shattered my expectations to the extent that NieR: Automata has. Despite my initial reluctance, Automata has easily become one of my favorite gaming experiences in recent memory. The game could have taken so many wrong turns with the number of risks it took in terms of its storytelling, world building and gameplay, but instead it delivers on all fronts with such style and elegance that it's hard not to crack a smile at the sheer brilliance of it. Automata reaches for the stars, but unlike many other games that do the same, it actually achieves the greatness it sets out to attain. Now if you'll excuse me, I have two more save files to clear, and this game certainly isn't going to play itself.

Score: 95%
More information.

An interesting bit from that review:
A quick warning for those who want to play this game on PC. While it is well optimized, Automata suffers from a multitude of bugs and glitches exclusive to the PC version, such as the game automatically selecting integrated graphics cards over dedicated high-end GPUs when first starting up. While these bugs aren't deal-breakers, their frequency is definitely worth noting.

Anyone can confirm any of this?

Erm, I wasn't precise enough with the question. Sorry.
Ought to ask, a lot of time passed since the game release (March 17), wasn't it patched already? I mean, why is it mentioned in this late review?

Back
Top Bottom