What games are you playing now?

I've had maybe five mates and my son recently talking about making Might and Magic runs the past few months, so I might have to replay at least one of those myself, after I complete Cold Steel three.

I am finishing up Deus Ex Human Revolution, I got 70 hours and in the end game.
Great game.

I also recently bought Halo Master Chief collection on steam and just started Halo Reach. Wow, what an awesome military scifi shooter. I missed these games when they were on console but can tell I'm really going to enjoy playing through the series.

I am finishing up Deus Ex Human Revolution, I got 70 hours and in the end game.
Great game.

I also recently bought Halo Master Chief collection on steam and just started Halo Reach. Wow, what an awesome military scifi shooter. I missed these games when they were on console but can tell I'm really going to enjoy playing through the series.

Oddly enough, I'm playing through DX HR too at the moment. Finding it a lot of fun. I had dropped it last time probably because of another shiny game, but I'm really into it at the moment.

I played through the original Halo about 10 years ago and thought it was pretty good. There's a lot of repetition in the enemies and level design, but I actually enjoyed the story which is a rariety when it comes to shooters.

I picked up the Master Chief collection a few months back but haven't touched it yet. I wanted to wait until all the games were released and patched first. Between that, Doom Eternal + expansions, and the newest Serious Sam, I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting next year.

Playing Chronos: Before the Ashes.

I just wanted to try it out, and now I'm hooked. It's a blend of soulslike combat and puzzle solving. More akin to something like Zelda than an RPG, but it's pretty good.

Tried out Morbid (Switch, also on PC).

For the uninitiated: this is a 2d Soulsborne game, with a cool 90's pixel art aesthetics, some serious Lovecraftian horror vibes, gallons of pixelated blood, tons of spilling guts and of course the lovely dodge-rollin', palm-sweatin', heal-thyself/respawn-em-up gameplay we all love to hate.

What makes this game a standout for me is the spot-on dark atmosphere/graphics, the cool weapon system, the coherent lore (yes! a Souls game with a simple, comprehensible story!) and the clean, responsive gameplay.

FYI, the game is perfectly playable of the Switch (Pro controller strongly recommended for added comfort).

Another great indie effort: congrats to the devs for creating this gem.
Also double-congrats for NOT creating yet another oh-I'm-so-important-and-meaningful-I'm-having-an-orgasm-by-myself hollow hipster turd (you know who you are), but a straightforward, enjoyable game.

If you like this kind of entertainment, you won't be disappointed.

I'm trying to play the last Two Worlds II expansion, Shattered Embrace. The beginning is absolutely aweful, but once you make it to the elven city it becomes somewhat decent and very playable. However I hit a crash bug at a certain point in the story I'm struggling to get past. Today I'm installing onto my Win7 rig and see how that goes.

( late to the party V234587623495 edition )
Keeping up with my AAA/Indie/Oldie schedule, I've started playing
Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker (Switch, also on every system, your laundromat included)

The game didn't hook me yet.
The story seems to be more confusing than it should be (non-Witcher fanboy here), the Gwent card game is pretty but feels over-convoluted while being simple and easy, but the art style is golden.

Am I missing something?

I have thronebreaker installed but I also couln't get into it. I don't think we are missing anything. I especially lost interested when I noticed it is a 30-hour game. 30-hours of playing cards...

I started Final Fantasy XV. I'm liking the premise, atmosphere, and setting so far. Does anybody know if you have to be careful of filling in the ascension grid, or anything goes?

Cool - I got it pre-loaded and ready to play when it unlocks :)
More likely: ready to wait for 40GB patch to download :p

Hope it's not that big, I want to get at least a few hours in before other responsibilities encroach.

EDIT: just started GOG and it's downloading a 9.7GB patch. Excellent...

Played around 1h or so of Cyberpunk (feels so weird to say it), with the Nomad. One thing is for sure, it looks great on my 1080ti. And for some reason it defaulted to most things on high and ultra. I expected lower. But I do have a slight lag in my controls.

Very little bugs so far, but I'm guessing that's because it's the start. But I think I'll end it here. I don't have the time to invest heavily into it right now, and I also want to let them polish it.

How is it?

Pretty damn cool. I've played 5 hours now and I'm settling into the groove. The system I'm running it on isn't sufficient to play with the graphics quality I would like, but it still looks good, sometimes very good. Everything else seems on point.

I'd say bug and performance wise it's been much better than advertised. I've had one crash and one ~3 second freeze. When I fired a gun in a building, people stayed in their cowering pose way too long. And the pick-up dialogue stuck on my screen once for an item, going away when I focused on something else. That's been the extent of bugs/glitches, and the frame rate has been smooth. The busiest place I've been so far is probably a bar, and there were people everywhere, lots of effects, animations, etc and I detected no slowdowns.

I started Final Fantasy XV. I'm liking the premise, atmosphere, and setting so far. Does anybody know if you have to be careful of filling in the ascension grid, or anything goes?
I just chose the bonuses I liked the look of and it worked out fine. A couple of them are required for achievements.

Back
Top Bottom