Complete Atari ST Rom Set on the PSP!!!

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone.

Would you like to have the entire Atari ST rom set on your PSP? You can! Thanks to the great site, Emuparadise, you can download every rom for the Atari ST and run it in your favorite emulator.

You can even run it on a PSP, which is awesome. It's great fun playing some of these classic Atari ST games on a handheld device.

Here's the thing, though. In order to play the games on the emulator for PSP, CaSTaway, the filenames have to be cut shorter to be recognized by the emulator.

So, if you want to download the entire rom set (which is about 3 GB or so, but the games themselves are about 1.8 GB), you have to manually change the filenames of many of the files to get them to work. Considering that there are over 5000 games, that's a lot of editing :(.

But here's the great part. If I get a dozen people to sign about wanting this rom set to be more compatible with CaSTaway, then the coder who created CaSTaway will fix the filename length issue!

So, that means that you will then be able to easily download the rom set and load it to your PSP without having to edit anything!

Okay, you might need to add subfolders to organize them better, and unfortunately CaSTaway doesn't allow for subfolders to be used for this purpose. But again, if I get a bunch of people to back me up on this, the creator will probably add this feature in, too!

So, I'm looking for people to simply say, "Yes, I want this!" for this project. Not only will you be able to have the entire game catalog for the Atari ST on your handheld PSP, but think about how future gamers who Google search this emulator and rom set will feel when they can get the complete package without much headache or hassle at all!

So, simply tell me if you guys want to see this added to CaSTaway in this thread. I'll forward the thread to the coder and hopefully he then decides to do it, if enough people are interested.

Thanks for your time! Ciao :)

No interest at all? :( Does anyone here even have a PSP?

PSP is awesome for old school emulation. Currently I have mine loaded with RPGs from the NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Gameboy Advance, Playstation 1 and even Commodore 64 :)

It's awesome to have a little handheld device play all these classic games. If anyone here is interested, it's really easy to mod a PSP and do all this yourself. I can break it down if anyone is interested.

Sounds pretty cool to me, can you do it on a vita? Do they have roms for BG dark alliance or the champions of norrath games.

Sounds pretty cool to me, can you do it on a vita? Do they have roms for BG dark alliance or the champions of norrath games.

I *think* you can do some of this stuff on a Vita, but the Vita is not officially "cracked" yet like the PSP is. I know on the PSP it's super easy to get up and running.

It's mostly for older systems, so PS2 is actually not supported at this time. PS1 is, though, and most older systems have emulators you can run on it. There's even support for M.A.M.E. and arcade systems.

It's pretty awesome, I'm enjoying it a lot. One of the great things is that you can download an entire rom set for a system, say, the Super Nintendo. So you do that in one easy download, load it to your memory stick, and you have the entire SNES collection in the palm of your hand. Depending on the rom set you download, it could also have Japanese games, English translations, prototypes, etc. etc.

That's why I'm so excited about the Atari ST rom set. There's close to 6000 games in this rom set, but until the guy who made the emulator fixes things, downloading the rom set and using it easily and simply is not there yet. I spent a few hours just tweaking file names to get them to be read in the emulator, and even then, the emulator crashed because it doesn't support folders, so you have to put all 5000+ games in one folder, and yeah, doesn't end well.

But yeah, it's definitely cool. It's great to have something so portable play so many awesome games.

The last hand held gaming device I owned was a GameBoy. I'm getting old.

It's funny that the whole Atari library would be like 1MB total. It's amazing the things they could do within the constraints of the hardware back then.

I didn't think about the legal aspects of it, so I won't post any links in this thread. If anyone is interested, PM me.

There's no reason for this thread to be deleted, though. I didn't post links to anything illegal. You legally CAN own a rom if you own the game itself, too.

Back
Top Bottom