Phoenix Point - Monster fights to come

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Phoenix Point continues to make progress towards its stretch goals and has come out with a new update on Monster Fights and the Immortalization reward.

Immortalization, Mermaids and Monster fights to come

Many of you have been asking for some in depth game play footage. The good news is that we are going to show you some. The bad news is that it will take a while to get ready. The reason for this is that we want to show you a monster fight, and how awesome it can be, but we are in the middle of implemention right now. It will show how team coordination, body part targeting and monster knowledge can defeat the most impressive opponents you will face.

Please check the update FAQ here. There are new entries on will points and immortalization.

There is a new story on the website:

Recruiting by Allen Stroud

Some of you have asked to see more detailed renders and artwork. You can check out Phoenix Point art, as well as other creations by two of our team members here:

Samuil Stanoev on ArtStation

Svetoslav Petrov on ArtStation

Jonas has written an interesting blog piece on Gamasutra:

From X-Com to Phoenix Point

How does the Immortalization reward work?

We have had a few questions about this, so here is a detailed overview of how it will be implemented.

You will work with our art team, writing team and design team to create a key NPC in the game.

You will create a haven leader - this means designing the face, the name, the bio and the personality of the character. The face can be after your own likeness, for which you will have to supply frontal/side photos of your head. Our art team work with you to create this and make it impressive.

Haven leader characteristics include aggression, guile, technocratic, diplomatic, charismatic, and so on. These characteristics interact with many systems in the game.

Your haven leader can be a member of a faction, or an independent leader. You will be able to define your character’s attitude to other factions (if independent). If your leader is a member of a faction it may have a high rank or key role, depending on the faction.

You can name your haven. You can define the layout of your haven, its structures and facilities and its tech. This must be within the confines of game world plausibility. However, your leader and haven will definitely be considered one of the major havens in the world.

Your leader may have any gender, race or nationality - but note that haven locations are partially randomized. You can specify a general area that your haven might be located, e.g. coastal, in Africa, deep inland, etc.

In the game, players interact with haven leaders in various ways. Haven leaders will request assistance against the aliens or other threats. They will propose alliances (if independent). They will suggest trades of goods or technology. They may also act independently, attacking other havens or making their own alliances. They will attempt to develop their havens and tech.
[...]
More information.

Levels look like localized crappy nook corners, not the big maps of UFO DEFENSE, where you had to look for monsters and there was lots of suspense.

Last edited:
I'm starting to like you

Levels look like localized crappy nook corners, not the big maps of UFO DEFENSE, where you had to look for monsters and there was lots of suspense.

Where did you find the level design, I haven't seen it? And I agree they should be large enough so you'll actually have to search them, although I do not miss going through every toilet on the cruiser in turn based mode from TFTD...

Where did you find the level design, I haven't seen it? And I agree they should be large enough so you'll actually have to search them, although I do not miss going through every toilet on the cruiser in turn based mode from TFTD…

Check out the art links to see some examples of level design.

Check out the art links to see some examples of level design.

I did check those links earlier but found nothing that warranted Mercys post. Either I'm missing some art or we draw wildly different conclusions from the art we do see.

I doubt many players like move 6 characters one per one, square per square, for long exploration, or even short.

I doubt many players like move 6 characters one per one, square per square, for long exploration, or even short.

Why would you move them one square at a time?

Back
Top Bottom