Chaos Reborn - Launch Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Snapshot games has released a launch trailer for Chaos Reborn.

Chaos Reborn is the new strategy game from Julian Gollop, the creator of the original X-COM series of games, launching on October 26th 2015. Online multiplayer with live or asynchronous play, and Realm Quests with co-op and invasion options.
Available for PC, Mac and Linux on Steam

More information.

I like this game in some ways, but I have to say the singleplayer campaign is extremely underwhelming.

Yeah singleplayer was missing something last I played it. The developer will continue to improve this game and have said as much. I kind of wish it was releasing 6 months later - must be an economics thing I guess.

Yeah singleplayer was missing something last I played it. The developer will continue to improve this game and have said as much. I kind of wish it was releasing 6 months later - must be an economics thing I guess.

Yes, I think it's a fairly niche title. It's a nice little throwback to ancient times - and it's well done.

But I doubt the singleplayer campaign will be much better - as it would take quite a lot of work.

I don't expect massive improvement but I do want some things to feel like they have more to them. Like when you go to settlements I would like more then some menu options to choose from. Settlements need to communicate there existence as a place and at the moment they don't.

It certainly has some potential. I'll keep my eyes open for future updates :)

There's specifically at least 2 very large updates they've mentioned as coming for the first months of post-release, single player enhancing stuff in part at that IIRC.

I have a good feeling that this will ultimately go the distance.

I got excited for a moment when I saw X-COM mentioned, but this doesn't seem like something that I would get into. That art style is a big turn-off for me.

Back
Top Bottom