PS4 officially supported keypad and mouse, who's interested?

S

sakichop

Looks like sony's finally giving keypad and mouse support to PS4. Not sure if all games will be supported or not. It's also pretty pricey at $149.99 USD. Available for preorder on amazon. I wonder if this means in the future I'll be able to just hook my keyboard and mouse to PS4 to play exclusives.

Also wonder if there really trying to compete for PC gamers time or if it's meant to combat Microsoft's increased integration of Xbox on PC.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/

This just reminded about an awesome accessory I had years back for the Xbox 360. It was a mini keyboard that attached right to the controller. It actually was great and came in very handy at the time.

1164px-Xbox_360_Chatpad%2Bcontroller.png

It's a weird future for the 2 major consoles. They still have the whole "casually play in the living room" thing but PCs are evolving in that area as well. I do like handheld consoles and tablets for gaming, too. I think the Nintendo NX might really make some noise if it is what I think it will be (essentially a handheld Nintendo tablet mixed with Nvidia Shield technology + built-in controller like a Wii U). If they add Android support on top of the exclusive Nintendo stuff, it's going to be huge, imo.

Looks like sony's finally giving keypad and mouse support to PS4. Not sure if all games will be supported or not. It's also pretty pricey at $149.99 USD. Available for preorder on amazon. I wonder if this means in the future I'll be able to just hook my keyboard and mouse to PS4 to play exclusives.

Also wonder if there really trying to compete for PC gamers time or if it's meant to combat Microsoft's increased integration of Xbox on PC.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/accessories/tac-pro-for-playstation-4/

If they support KB and mouse, i guess any standard Kb will do right? Or do we have to buy that thing in the link?

If they support KB and mouse, i guess any standard Kb will do right? Or do we have to buy that thing in the link?

I don't think standard keyboards will do. This here is some odd keypad.
But I'm confused, where are mushrooms on that keypad? And on that mouse.

They knew it for decades, but losing profit from selling mushrooms was not an option. So they invented autoaim. Where a game basically plays itself.

Why can['t you just use a normal keyboard/mouse if the software supports it or did they customize the communication path to make it exclusive to their own version of such ?

Because standard usb-port would just make too much sense. :)

They knew it for decades, but losing profit from selling mushrooms was not an option. So they invented autoaim. Where a game basically plays itself.

Autoaim existed before "mushrooms". The original DOOM games (which started as PC games, right?) had autoaim even on the PC. You couldn't really and didn't have to aim up or down to hit your target. Nothing wrong with that at all, imo, and it was still a ton of fun both on PC and consoles.

Also, there were no "mushrooms" on an SNES/Genesis/etc. controller.

Sure some games have autoaim even if played without mushrooms.
For example, if you select EASY in Binary Domain (some trashy shooter suggested by Bobo) it'll activate autoaim whatnot.

Maybe I should have said invented autoaim as default.

Why can['t you just use a normal keyboard/mouse if the software supports it or did they customize the communication path to make it exclusive to their own version of such ?

Not sure if you can or not the product page does say that you can use any mouse.

So whether or not this means PS4 will have native support for any K/M combo, I don't know.

Because then you wouldn't have to spend $150 on their keyboard and mouse. :)

Because apparently the theme this year is "We're taking away all incentives to buy a console over a PC".

Piggybacking on this thread but "Mods and 4K Coming to PlayStation 4 for Skyrim and Fallout 4"

But the kicker is

"Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do"

Why would Sony do this crap is beyond me as MS allows this for Xbox. Pretty much most of the mods I like have custom assets and they won't be supported. Some mods purpose is to solely added custom textures etc and they will all be useless.

Sony seems to be making some idiotic decision lately with PS4 and this is one of them. I think, if MS can get their acts together on Xbox Scorpio, they might be able to catch up to Sony or even beat them since the PS4 Pro looks pretty underwhelming at this point.

https://bethesda.net/#en/events/gam...to-ps4-for-skyrim-and-fallout4/2016/10/04/221

Thats like moving from using car back to only walking like our ancestors did. Horrible idea. Atleast for me gaming isnt equal to accuracy of moving cursor on screen.

PS Move with gun attachment can actually be more accurate than mouse if thats important but I prefer other priorities like comfort.

Consoles' 4K is actually upscaling from lower resolution. Just ignore that.

You wish. Usual res is 1080p on PS4, 720p on XBone.

Consoles 4K is definitely upscaled from 720p/1080p. But also, and this is something no one seems to be talking about, but if you pay attention to the marketing they all tout 4K video, not 4K gaming. 4K gaming on a console at a decent framerate just isn't feasible at that price range. 4K video is much different because a decent GPU can stream 4K video a lot easier than play an actual 4K game at a high framerate.

Consoles 4K is definitely upscaled from 720p/1080p. But also, and this is something no one seems to be talking about, but if you pay attention to the marketing they all tout 4K video, not 4K gaming. 4K gaming on a console at a decent framerate just isn't feasible at that price range. 4K video is much different because a decent GPU can stream 4K video a lot easier than play an actual 4K game at a high framerate.

The new PS4 Pro claims to upscale to 4k from 2k and not 720p/1080p.

Back
Top Bottom