Battle Brothers - Release Date: March 24

i've been there for almost all the EA process, i'm happy for the release version, hope it sells well so i can see some xpac/dlc.

Huzzah!

Wow. So many game I own or want to play are coming out in March: Battle Brothers, Star Crawlers, and Operation Abyss. And I haven't even started Torment yet.

Thank you for the great news, HiddenX!!! :)

Forgottenlor, you better empty your current schedule, you'll review this one for us :)

It's one of those games where I like the concept but am unable to stomach the ridiculous art direction.

I find the art direction quite charming, indeed :)

I have already played it for about 110 hours. They really get rid of bugs fast and keep making the game better. I upgraded to the supporter edition and gifted my brother and a friend the game. I want it to sell well so we can see mod tools released and an expansion pack.

I think the art is fantastic and I love how it shows the injuries on your brothers and how they are bandaged up after fights. I had a brother lose an eye and I wore an open faced helmet the rest of the game so my enemies would know their death was coming.

That brothers name was Hastar the Unspeakable of course.

I can't say I'm fond of the art direction either, but considering how many Watch members praise this game I'll probably give it a try.

The art style gives it a board game look. As long as the style remains self-consistent and the game mechanics are well designed, I'm good with that.

:rotfl:
:spotlight-left:Battle Brothers:spotlight-right:
:flower:March 24:flower:
:rotfl:

Does this have random events and dungeons with bosses and treasure? Or do you just walk a long way and nothing happens but maybe you see a bandit walking around too?

I cannot wait to finally play this...I bought it a while back.

Now, starcrawlers your turn:p

Does this have random events and dungeons with bosses and treasure? Or do you just walk a long way and nothing happens but maybe you see a bandit walking around too?

There are bandit bosses and orc and goblin bosses. There are also ruins and crypts and other special places. There is a goblin city where you have to fight 45 goblins. There are also different noble houses at war. Also, there can be an undead or orc invasion. Dire wolfs and ghouls that also eat dead bodies and get stronger.

It is an open world and you can decide what to do.

I did not like the art and did not pay attention to the game until a few months ago. Now I think the art is perfect and the battles are almost like a chess match. Which weapons to use in a battle? Better take your war hammers against that thick armor of orcs. While swords are much better against undead to chop their heads off. Early on you better have brothers with spears and shields to make spear walls and shield walls. Later on the harder enemies will smash right thru those spears and shields and you better hope you have some powerful 2 handed weapons.

Go with bows for distance or choose a crossbow to get thru that thick armor? If you like turn based battles and open world games then I can't recommend this game enough.

This game reminds me of Knights of the Chalice. Yuck look at that art. I don't want to play that. Start playing KotC and you can't stop. Now KotC is one of my favorite games of all time and have won it many times.

I couldn't take the art either so stopped following it. Will buy it based on some good gameplay recommendations.

yeah ixnay on the art as well. I think they'd get more people interested with better/different art at little cost.

This game has highest addiction power since Rebel Galaxy! I'll write a glowing positive review, giving everything 10/10, except the disastrous world-creation (3/10), which after dozens of tries can actually create a good enough world. Excellent work from the developers!! Highly recommended Champion Gameplay!! MUSTHAVE.

Is the current version the release candidate in beta?

It's one of those games where I like the concept but am unable to stomach the ridiculous art direction.
Yup, hate the board game style. Knights of the Chalice 2 has adopted a board game'ish style as well. Ugh. This game might be worth playing anyway though.

Back
Top Bottom