RPGWatch @ Gamescom - The Waylanders Preview

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Waylanders is a game that takes place in Spain and where you get to travel through time to visit two different eras in the same region of Spain. We looked at The Waylanders last year at Gamescom and we had a chance to look at it again this year, from which this article resulted.

Last year at Gamescom I saw The Waylanders for the first time. The game was announced just before the start of Gamescom that year and since then they have received a lot of useful feedback from potential players. I won't go into details about what I already described last year, which is why this article is a bit shorter than usual.
The game is inspired by the myths of the Spanish region of Galicia and the story takes place in the Celtic era in Brigantia and in the middle ages, both in Galicia. You start the game in the Celtic era, where magic exists and is considered to be something normal. In the medieval era, magic is forbidden.
At the end of the first act you will learn how to travel through time. And although The Waylanders is a party based game, you'll travel alone. However, you will meet some of your companions in the medieval era. But, they will not know you as they suffer from a mental disorder that prevents them from remembering you. It is your task to help them remember. Your choices are important, so what you do in one time era can impact the other time era.
Independent of the era you are in, you and your companions will have the same skills, to prevent you to use completely different tactics in each of the eras.
More information.

Mix on this one - i didn't back the kickstarter because i had doubts i would enjoy it but then again on the positive they have some unique (or at least different) ideas. Hum. Sorry got distracted.

Back
Top Bottom