Divinity: Original Sin II - Here is Bobby!

Hello guys,
I am Bobby (Borislav Slavov) a.k.a Glorian - a proud member of the RPGWatch
I am very happy that RPGWatch is one of the biggest supporters of DOS2!

Welcome here, Maestro Glorian!

What a surprise. Im happy for two things:
- that its you who will compose music for DOS2
- that your comment probably broke record for number of likes :)

After I heart Knights of Honor soundtrack many years ago I wish I could hear your music in some big RPG. That wish was already fullfiled with Two Worlds 2. But DOS2 could be another level in the same magnificent entry. :)
Your music is so brilliant and emotional. I love that ethnic touch. You did many great themes for different games, but for me Knights of Honor, Worldshift and Two Worlds 2 are one of the best game soundtracks of all time. Thank you very much for that.

Few examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgyGAeIL6oI&list=RDSJlRgrF-9H0&index=13 - KoH Handfull of Sorrow - I love that guitar+flute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJlRgrF-9H0&index=1&list=RDSJlRgrF-9H0 - KoH Sword and Faith - 2 perfect themes, both in romantic and epic variation, in one tune… you would have very hard time to find similar track from any other game composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch0a_1PthzQ - Two Worlds 2 Theme reprise, epic+romantic powerfull music

BTW: Can I ask what happened to Music Marks website?

Last edited:
Good luck ! :)
This is meant in an neutral, more positive sense !

Wow for the update, very funny and full of positive energy. I was so happy when Sven showed up PCPowerPlay magazine (my favourite Aussie/New Zealand PC gaming and hardware mag).
I keep my fingers crossed for Glorian/Bobby and I'm glad that another talented person has joined Larian Studios!

The tavern music the best ever? Well… maybe post 8 bit. How could it ever hold a candle to something like this?

Ooo, Sven was talking ambition! The new blood is probably supposed to come up with wild ideas… Get those words on the screen again! They'll have to be translated these days which can be tricky but the way Larian is able to throw puns around the world, they shouldn't have a problem.

Way to go, Bobby! The score is one of the most important pieces of any visual media; don't let those heathens who turn down the game sound dissuade you from creating a story within a story.
Here here! And those who want to sing along!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening to the Knights of Honor Soundtrack now on youtube. I especially like the good instrumentation and it has a distinct medieval flavour to it without going overboard.

By the by I presume your all voting for Bard ;-)

I am deeply touched by your kind words guys!

THANK YOU once again! I will use the positive energy you are giving me and I will do my best. As good games can only be made with passion! ;-)

Stay tuned! :)

Turning off music is usually one of the first things I do before playing a game but for a fellow Watcher, I'll make an exception! :D

Congratulations Glorian! Great music is a wonderful inspiration in a video game. All the way back to Bard's Tale and before; and all the way into the future to, hmmm... well I guess the ending to that last one is yours to write.

All the best.

__

Hello guys!

I am Bobby (Borislav Slavov) a.k.a Glorian - a proud member of the RPGWatch

and

I am very happy that RPGWatch is one of the biggest supporters of DOS2! :)

Good luck with DOS2! DOS1 set the bar fairly high, both as a game and in terms of music, so.. no pressure..

I am deeply touched by your kind words guys!

THANK YOU once again! I will use the positive energy you are giving me and I will do my best. As good games can only be made with passion! ;-)

Stay tuned! :)

Great! There is many ppl here who look forward to DOS2 music and wish you all the best. Just be carefull. With so much positive energy your music will burn up your speakers. :)

BTW Right now your first comment has pretty impressive 38 likes! Congratulations! :)

Congrats Glorian! Nice to see we have an insider on DOS2, which is probably my most anticipated title. :)

Good luck with the soundtrack, I have faith it'll end up highly enjoyable.

And darn, I love that tune from Larian's KS vids. It's very catchy. :cool:

And darn, I love that tune from Larian's KS vids. It's very catchy. :cool:

Indeed. And it always sets the tune and the mood perfectly for Swen's crazy-funny performances :) . The Bobby introduction vid is very funny as usual. Always tons of fun to watch those KS update vids.

I saw on rpgcodex that a lot of people were in agreement about being glad that they have chosen an eastern-european composer, and I must say I concur.

Maybe because of Kirill, but Div Universe always had that very specific,ethereal,earthy,slightly melancholic, and melodic feel to it, very layered.Something I don't hear very often in games with western-european or american composers (not to say they're not good, just, different vibe).

Poor man :) big big BIG shoes to fill, but I adore the fact that he seems to have such respect for Kirills legacy, it makes me cautiously optimistic.. No one can ever replace Kirill, but maybe, he can get a worthy successor.

I look forward to hearing what he does, I do hope some ethnical instruments are used, I saw this from an interview with Kai Rosenkranz

3. Are there any samples in your songs we might have missed? (for example Herr Mannelig in the Old Camp theme)

You mean original compositions from other people that I used as samples? I worked with a bunch of awesome people on the Gothic 3 soundtrack that were also involved in the creation of the actual themes. “Ishtar” (Gothic 3) for example was greatly influenced by Borislav Slavov (composer of Crysis 2 and 3). His knowledge and expertise in Eastern instruments and melodic patterns added a depth and credibility that would have been hard for me to achieve.

Some excellent tributes here. I too wish Glorian all the best in the upcoming exciting musical adventures!

I'd also like to mention Glorian's work on the Eschalon series soundtracks which I think are quite wonderfully mellow, yet stirringly heroic and fittingly contemplative. I've even booted up the first two games again just to listen to the title themes.
I'd definitely buy an official soundtrack cd if one were released. :)

Whilst I did read some talk about the possibility of one on the Basilisk forums, I'm not sure if anything has come of it yet. If anyone knows more, please let the thread know. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom