Tower of Time

Only made one change to the first 4 I got, levelled them up as far as possible but didn't change around with equipment. I did realise speed was a big factor so had some lower level stuff on at the end with big speed multipliers.
Guess I played differently as I went back to town several times per level, every extra enchantment helped, but quite liked that approach.

Toward the end, I found a bow and a crossbow with high (75%+) critical chances. Suddenly my archer and mechanic turned into death turrets!

Speed is huge. You take a ranged weapon, improve it with detriments and/or a high critical chance, and you can hold most enemies at bay and savage them at will. The different caltrops available are also pretty powerful, and can serve you well when used properly.

No, no, no... NO. One of you three needs to do a heavily detailed RPGWatch review. Get to it! :whip:

After reading so many members praising this game, I decided to give it a try last night. I saved after finishing my 1st fight, that one against some undead(?).

I still have no opinion formed about the game, I'll keep playing some more until I do, but now I do have a doubt: when assigning points to a char's atributes, we can see a confirm button (labeled 'Approve' , if I'm not mistaken), but when I try to assign points to skills, I can't see a similar button. How can I 'confirm' the points I've assigned to skills?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
The combat looks decent enough, but is there much else to the game? From what I've seen, it looks like a really long slog through one dungeon.

The combat looks decent enough, but is there much else to the game? From what I've seen, it looks like a really long slog through one dungeon.

It has a decent and interesting story with lots of texts. Characters that have their own agenda and personality. Think of it as a Bioware game without those big budgets. If it's any indication total word count for the game around 200k which is pretty impressive for an indie RPG.

I still have no opinion formed about the game, I'll keep playing some more until I do, but now I do have a doubt: when assigning points to a char's atributes, we can see a confirm button (labeled 'Approve' , if I'm not mistaken), but when I try to assign points to skills, I can't see a similar button. How can I 'confirm' the points I've assigned to skills?

Thanks in advance!

You just double click the skill and the points are used. On the left for that skill and character it tells you how many points can be refunded as well - the main and side skills can be deselected/reallocated at will.
I hadn't realised that so removed a load of points half way through the game as you can only use 4 skills at a time.

Yeah it's just one environment you're exploring, but it's pretty big and took me a bit of time to get through. Other than finding a lot of the equipment repetitive and some of the battles being similar, I really did enjoy this game and will be replaying it again down the road.

There are 10 large levels. The levels have story elements via journals and text. There are also some light puzzles on various levels. Small spoiler - some quests require that you do something on the next floor to be able to complete them. You cannot go up the stairs but if you return to town ('c') when you enter the tower you can select which level to enter. The game remembers your last position on each level and that is the location you will end up when entering the tower from town. There is a command to return to the start position of the current level but there is no method to leave notes on the floor. I called the levels large and they mostly seem large in part that you have to do a lot of walking between quick travel points but they aren't that large compared to open world games.

Hi again :)

Some more questions here:

1) Is it normal the fight slows down when I try to change Maeve's skills? I mean, Maeve starts firing her arrows and then I click on the icon representing her 2nd skill (located in lower right corner of screen) and the game slows... to the point I had to restart a fight because of this and then I simply avoided to click her skill again...

2) I just made to the first floor - the one below the crystal throne is located - and I found the first active teleport. From the chat that followed between our two chars, I understood that we must return to the throne level above in order to say to our lord about our discovery, is that right? I just can't teleport to the level above.

3) Don't we receive some form of XP after defeating monstersi and/or succesfully completing quests? Unless it's well hidden on the Char's screen, I just couldn't know how many XP my team has or how much until next level (if the concept of "level" is on the game, of course).

1. I don't recall any slow-downs like you've described when I was playing the game. I know they've done some updates since then, perhaps something changed since I finished.

2. You can easily revisit earlier floors by scooting back to town, re-entering the tower and then choose which floor you'd like to arrive on.

3. If you got exp for doing quests, I never noticed it. So I'd say no on that one.

It shouldn't slow down when you click a skill. It SHOULD slow down when you press space, though. That's the whole "pause on space" system which I found to be so cool.

You never really go back to the throne room. Instead, a cut-scene kicks in. I don't remember how that first one kicks off but I think you just start moving down the passageway or something and POOF!

There's XP in the game: it's called "money." Money is used to buy training (which increases your character levels) and upgrade the buildings in town, which pushes the level cap up. Gear, on the other hand, is all about the crystals. You can craft them with crystals, enhance them with crystals, and break them down into crystals.

I explain it all in my guide.

Vaguely i remember that certain skills while being selected will pause the game but i kept pausing so often i don't remember for sure. I used actual pause and not 'slow down' for my play; later in the game around level 7 or 8 micro management becomes critical in some fights as insta death can occur very quickly.

After loading more games that I can count, I finally defeated the Death Reaper on Entrance level :whew::whew::dance: And some loadings before that I left him with only 2% hp before my duo died :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom