Lands Of Lore 3 on Vista

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi, fellas. I tried Lands Of Lore 3 on both XP and Vista. In XP cutscenes run fine, but game screen gives error and crash to desktop. And there is an annoying looping sound problem. In Vista Lol3 runs fine both with max resolution and Directx3d. But, I can't see the cutscenes. Only the sound of it. It's kind of weird though, because Lol3 seems more compatible in Vista then XP. I have the last patch installed (patch 1,07a) by the way. Do you know a way or a patch (official or unofficial) to run the game flawlessly?

Hm, the only patch I can think of is Win 98 *scratch scratch*. It was the last OS that ran LoL3 flawlessly.

With most win98 games I end up using Virtual PC with a 98 operating system.

GoG is our best hope to get a lot of these old win98 games working on today's computers.

Virtual PC is not a good solution with this game since Virtual PC doesn’t have support Directx 3d at the moment. I hope it will have though. I think I’m going to play this game on Vista, and use Virtual PC only for cutscenes. Somewhat an awkward way but effective at least. I don’t think I can install and run Win 98 on my modern rig properly.

If there were a version of Lol2 and Lol3 in gog I would definitely buy it. But, they are a bit slow on rpg catalogue I think. Only they added M&M 6 to their catalogs in the recent months. So many RPGs that I want to see in their list.

I hope it will have though. I think I’m going to play this game on Vista, and use Virtual PC only for cutscenes. Somewhat an awkward way but effective at least.

I don’t think I can install and run Win 98 on my modern rig properly.

I did something similar with Final Liberation. I could get the game running on XP, but I couldn't get the cutscenes to play. So I just played them out of the game. That got tedious rather quickly and that's when I found out about Virtual PC. I've been using that to play all the Win98 games ever since. It's far from a perfect solution because I have the same problem as you, but with Privateer 2. I just can't get that to play no matter what I do.

I've tried installing win98 on a modern rig. I figure what the hell maybe it'll work, but it doesn't as anyone could hace guessed.:-/

I've been messing around with some old games lately, finally figured out a way to get Lands of Lore 2 working on Windows 7 (cutscenes are still horrible, but this is an old problem). At any rate, apparently the best solution for Lands of Lore 3 is using a glide wrapper (which is what I'm going to try doing in lol 2 in dosbox so the cutscenes work).

The only problem is finding a glide wrapper that works in Vista or Win 7 (as opposed to a virtual dos environment). Nglide is something I think I'll try, not sure when I'll have time to get around to it..but in XP using a glide wrapper will make all the movies and the game run just fine. (There will be the occasional glitch, but until someone re-releases these games for purchase and updates them, what can you do - and I'd gladly repurchase them just to get rid of all this hassle)

Back
Top Bottom