Tower of Time - Final Edition

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
With the last patch for the Tower of Time the name is changing to Tower of Time Final Edition:

Tower of Time Final Edition

Have an itch for fast paced RPG with new approach to combat and party building?
We have done some final polishing work on Tower of Time and we consider it 'Final Edition' now.

Here is the content of the last patch:

• Fixed achievements on Linux -- now working properly
  • Fixed few very small bugs -- e.g. effect of the fountains not visible immediately
  • Rebalancing of the difficulty -- enemy units, items, skills, battle parameters as number of enemies, spawn frequency, frequency of skills used, etc..
  • As a result there shouldn't be any spikes in difficulty levels when moving between Tower levels. Still - when you outgrow current difficulty level (by building a real kick-ass party) - we highly recommend increasing difficulty during the game. You can do it anytime outside combat.
  • Visual upgrade of some skills
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

Has anyone played this game? It is currently onsale. Thinking about picking it up.

I played the first iteration/version, and it was really good. I keep meaning to replay it now that it has a true-style turn based option, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Even at full price this game is totally worth it!!

I lost interest after a while. It's not a bad game but the battles started to feel a bit repetitive to me. I could see how people might really like it though... at that price, it's definitely worth trying.

I'm now working on the second floor of the Tower and must say that this game is a real Gem. The story keeps pulling me in to see what I uncover about this mysterious Tower and why the world is as it is now. They give you many choices of Difficultly levels which includes Permadeath if you so desire. The combat does change up so far like having to deal with portals that will spawn after a certain amount of time, guarding some Mana crystals, and lots of monsters swarming you. You find companions as you lay and each has a different set of skills to use. I can see harder difficulties will require more thought and strategy to complete a battle. I think they made a great game that is different than your cookie cutter dungeon crawler. You can save anywhere which is always a plus in my book!

Tower of Time is a great game. If it only had larger fonts...

Back
Top Bottom