Android question

D

Deleted User

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out how to stream audio from an Android device, in this case - an Nvidia Shield Portable - to my desktop PC. I would like to record videos and livestream remotely, directly from the Shield. So far I am able to record video quite nicely with an app called Mobizen, but Mobizen at this time does not quite support streaming audio. So, I have video but no audio. I need an app that can perhaps stream audio from the Shield Portable (which is basically a tablet + controller combo), to my PC. Anyone have any ideas of how I can go about doing this? o_O

Stupid question: Can't you just connect your sound output from the tablet with your in-line on your PC?

Well, I was hoping to do it wirelessly, if possible. If no wireless/streaming option exists, then I will most likely have to go the wired route. :)

Hmm..can you create a wireless bridge to spoof it as wired? It would be nice if Android had the tools built in to do stuff like this but typically it requires a third party app full of stupid ads and things like that.

I'm stumped. :(

The video aspect works fine. I can freely stream the Android screen directly to my PC with no issue. Why is there no audio equivalent? It's not even working in a wired setting. I learned in the last 2 hours of messing with audio settings on my PC that there are *many* ways to blow your speakers or eardrums out when messing with mics and inputs, and about *zero* ways to actually record the game sound via a mic or line input while my commentary is recorded on another mic. :(

So I'm stumped here. If any of you have any good ideas, please let me know!

In case anyone is interested, I figured it out. After a long and arduous day of research, experimentation and discovery, I learned that there is a program called Screen Stream Mirroring, and if I rooted my Shield I would be able to stream the audio as well as video to OBS. So, everything should be working well. I should be able to wirelessly stream all games and footage from the Shield Portable to the internet. Yeehaw. :)

Edit - Quick update. The program is currently not working for me, but I'm still troubleshooting it. Hopefully it can start working and doing what I need it to do! I will update this post if/when that happens. :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm still struggling to figure this out. I just want to be able to stream whatever audio is currently playing on my Shield Portable (5.1 Lollipop) to my PC. I don't care how it gets to the PC as long as I'm able to use it as an audio source in OBS, so I can broadcast and record it.

Does anyone have any tips or ideas of how I could do this? Preferably wireless as I can only record one audio input at a time with my soundcard and I need to reserve that for my microphone (doing Let's Plays and livestreams). Please let me know if anyone can help me out here, I'd really appreciate it!

Have you tried VLC Direct?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vlcforandroid.vlcdirectprofree&hl=en

I haven't used this in a long time because I use Chromecast now, but I think it's what you're looking for.

It's not really doing anything, though. I connected and set it up, downloaded the VLC Direct app on my Shield, started VLC on my PC, they both connect and then...nothing. Is this able to stream all audio from my Android device? If so, how do I set it up to do just that? o_O

P.S. And I'm sure you know I'm talking about LIVE audio, not mp3s or recorded songs. I need to be able to stream live, in-game audio from my Android to my PC in order to be broadcast and recorded.

There is an app called AirAudio that supposedly can broadcast DLNA, AllCast and the like, and I hear that Plex can receive it, but I have no idea how to set that all up. It seems complicated from the half hour or so I spent trying to figure it out. I dunno. I guess that is my only choice at this point.

Is that even guaranteed to work? I feel like what should be a simple task of sharing your Android audio to PC is made needlessly complex and there isn't quite an app out there to handle what I'm trying to do. :(

Last edited:
Update on my little issue:

There is a virtually unknown Android app called Weak Control, and it's pretty much a miracle. Not only will it stream your video and audio directly from your Android device, it works with virtually no lag at all, which is quite amazing. I may have to put a slight delay on my mic, but it's very manageable and nice. The downside? I'm having some lag on the 1080p and 720p settings, so I'm stuck using 480p resolution for now. Still, it looks decent enough and will serve it's purpose. I'm hoping the developers have a solution for the lag on my device, as there's really no reason the Shield Portable shouldn't be able to handle 720p or 1080p streaming. My wi-fi is certainly capable enough as well. Seems to be an app issue but hopefully we'll get it sorted.

Whew. Didn't think this would be so hard to accomplish. :D It will be worth it when it's all said and done, for sure. :)

Never heard of WiDi, and it's a tablet not a phone. :p

However, I think I have it figured out. By using a Chrome Portable tab, I can stream the tablet to my PC in 1080p @ 6 Mbps with minimal lag. That program Weak Control is a miracle! Hah. :)

Quick update. The app is not quite a miracle, as I still get occasional lag and choppiness even on the lowest setting. However I am working with the developers to hopefully fix the issue or pinpoint what is causing it. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions as to other things to try, please let me know. Thanks ��

Last edited:
Little update for anyone interested. I'm now able to stream games and audio from my Nvidia Shield Tablet with Screen Stream Mirroring app. There is a slight delay but it does seem to function as advertised. Will have to test it more thoroughly but it also appears to be able to stream 1080p60 @ 10000 Mbps quality, which is very nice. Seems like a winner.

As for streaming from my Nvidia Shield Portable, I was working with the developer of the app I just mentioned and it will hopefully be working after his latest update which significantly improves the audio streaming function and compatibility with more devices.

But so far, so good. Looks like I'll finally be able to stream from the tablet. :)

Back
Top Bottom