HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Enhanced Edition of Planescape: Torment will be available on April 11:

About The Game

"What can change the nature of a man?"

You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking the Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.

Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.

Millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One's eyes. Now it’s your turn. This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.

Enhanced Edition - Key Features:

• Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
  • Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
  • 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high definition with tons of new convenience features.
  • A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
More information.

Chris Avellone has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates

Curate. That's cute.

Our most wanted enhancement is missing:
  • Remastered Audio with Full Voice Overs for 75000 lines of dialogue.

Second that.

But they didn't do it for other EE, they would not do on this one. A shame really.

Anyway, it was about time. I was waiting for this one.

I wonder if Mark Morgan was involved somehow in the remastering process for the soundtrack? Very curious to hear some track by track comparisons for this. Mark's Vault Archives recordings for the Fallout soundtrack were most excellent and Torment perhaps represents his next most fondly remembered work.

Like the other EE's I have the originals modded and working fine... Unless it's somehow a train wreck I'll still pony up for this one, if nothing more than to encourage further updating of past classics.

I wonder if Mark Morgan was involved somehow in the remastering process for the soundtrack? Very curious to hear some track by track comparisons for this. Mark's Vault Archives recordings for the Fallout soundtrack were most excellent and Torment perhaps represents his next most fondly remembered work.

The lead designer for this project answered that on the Codex. Mark Morgan is not involved, but they had access to the uncompressed audio files which were remastered. The soundtrack is available in FLAC from Beamdog directly and is also on Steam.

GOG is offering a 30% off loyalty discount if you own the original on GOG. Steam hasn't put up a price yet, so it's possible they'll do the same.

From the GOG.com newsbit:

Note: Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition will feature the unaltered original version and the Enhanced Edition in one definitive collection exclusively on GOG.com. The original game will no longer be available for purchase on its own, after the Enhanced Edition is released. Owners of the classic Planescape: Torment will not be affected by upcoming changes to the product.

So if you don't have the original yet, but don't want to pay extra for the EE, now's your last shot if you want to just have the original from GOG.

And here's the FAQ from Beamdog.

Last edited:
That would go a long way in making me play this - as well as making it worth the 20$ :)
That would actually make it worth 20$ or more but I would not trust them to do it well.
For a game of this much importance and praise, VO would need to be at least Vampire: Bloodlines quality.

That would actually make it worth 20$ or more but I would not trust them to do it well.
For a game of this much importance and praise, VO would need to be at least Vampire: Bloodlines quality.

Trust who? The voice actors? :)

I would settle for average voice acting. Avellone is the king of pretentious verbosity anyway - and average voice acting would be a fine fit for my part.

Trust who? The voice actors? :)

I would settle for average voice acting. Avellone is the king of pretentious verbosity anyway - and average voice acting would be a fine fit for my part.
Both the people hiring voice actors and voice actors they hired :D

It's actually a trait of normal, intelligent humans i.e. customers capable of simple deductive logic.

However, due to some horrific genetic mutation, such trait is absent in naive fanboys with low expectations. (emphasis on boys)

Codexian:

Person with a powerful emotional connection to pixels of the past based on a long gone youthful impressionable attitude. Also, a person who feels entitled to demand an ever more elusive chance to relive the past through the hard work of modern developers.

Yup, highly intelligent and normal ;)

I'll be buying this again immediately upon release via GoG. That discount for owning the original is just too good to ignore, plus buying from GoG rubs me the right way.

I thought this was a joke. Judging by the answers from others guess I was wrong. Full voice overs would be horribly annoying (hearing the first two words spoken at the same time as I'm reading the entire sentence). But I guess it would be fine if could disable it, I've never seen that option though. I'm currently playing WL2 DC and the full voice overs are the only thing annoying me with it…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom