Epicus Ultima - An Open World 2D RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We've been contacted by the devs about an open world 2D RPG that is in development by them and is currently on Kickstarter, named Epicus Ultima.

An Open World RPG unlike any other, Inspired by RPGs like Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger, with mobile controls, a full OST and more!

Welcome to the world of Epicus Ultima, a world completely consumed in a giant machine. The machine is ancient, and its history unknown, it is the only world that has ever been known. You play a Guardian, a pre-destined military position within the Aldor Empire, one of three major empires on the planet, separated by ocean sized water holding tanks. Where once your job was to protect this planet from monster attacks you are now being called to defend against a growing rebellion against the world itself...Forced to journey deep into the heart of the planet to find the rebel hideout an adventure of epic proportions begins...

A Hand-drawn, open 2D World unlike any other

- Unique RPG strategy battle and class system, without changing screens

- A Full Original Orchestrated Soundtrack!

- Crammed with fun mobile optimized side games

- A unforgettable story with memorable, well developed characters

- Wield awesome weapons, learn new skills and master powerful magic!

- Not hack and slash - Not a movie either...just like the good old days!
The game is being developed for PC, Android and IOS and they are asking for $5.000 CAD, which looks to be a number that isn't enough to create the game. Why they are asking specifically for this number is however not explained.
You can get the game for already $5, which might be a motivation to not have the total requested sum too high.

More information.

It's sad to see the fabled Ultima name used for a game that was inspired by Final Fantasy.
I see this game's Kickstarter is garnering all the support that it deserves… with 5 generous backers and $46.66 total… including one wise guy who contributed the 66 cents. :lol:

Not a fan of the art style. Haven't played Chrono Trigger and dislike Final Fantasy.
But also the shot of the fight isn't very appealing to me.

The soundtrack seems to be nice though. However the sound loop they are using in the second part of the video is pretty bad with obvious cuts.

And of course with a focus on mobile, well...got to pass.

Got to say that in my view such a "realistic" developer is much more favorable than all these "making a new MMORPG, give me moneh! Look at my map I threw together in unitiy!" - developers.

Good grief. That art looks like it was previously stuck on someone's fridge.

Back
Top Bottom