Mass Effect 2 - Teaser Trailer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the teaser basically shows a geth trooper with parts of an N7 armor on it, right? Huh.

You know, I'll actually be quite impressed if they won't simply kill (or otherwise remove from the scene) Shepard*. I suppose I could even accept an "amnesia" scenario, or, say, "the Cerberus captured Shepard and conducted experiments on him/her, and now s/he's weak", or Gothic 2 style. Whatever. I just mean, that I will be impressed if I get a sequel where I play the same character, and meet a lot of the same characters who already know me. Perhaps the 120 level cap rumour is true?

*Heh, I'm still dreaming of a KotOR3 where I play the main character of the first game. I can dream, can't I?

Anyway, I hope that ME2 will have a variety of interiors, instead of mine/ship/bunker/storage. Bioware, I couldn't believe my eyes in ME1! How hard is it to make a longer corridor, or add another room with a desk or something? :S

Oh: I like the music/hum in that teaser site. Sets me in the right mood to play... something.

HMm a little off topic but with EA money you should be able to get some cool comercails out ...imagine a comercial with princes of the universe as the music...(the kick ass part at the start...) I think that would rock, but hey thats me:)

Anyway, I hope that ME2 will have a variety of interiors, instead of mine/ship/bunker/storage. Bioware, I couldn't believe my eyes in ME1! How hard is it to make a longer corridor, or add another room with a desk or something? :S

Making it often isn't as hard as getting it to fit on one DVD or in the 360's RAM. You might be surprised at the staggering size levels can be with full dialogue.

(If you're a PC player who's had to make room for the jaw-dropping 10.2 GB install for ME1, you might not be. For comparison, my install of the high-rez Lord of the Rings Online with Mines of Moria expansion is 11.6 GB. And LotRO is a far, far bigger game.)

Read my spoiler tag PJ (or the spoiler tag of JDR) - the main character never had amnesia.

@Stormwaltz
I'm not surprised at all that ME is a huge game. It seems a lot of elements were created as preperations to ME2, and used only a few times. Those elements still take up a huge amount of space, since they're in the game files, and have to be installed like everything else (i.e Batarians, Volus, Hanar, Elcor - several alien races with their very own unique look and sound, but you only meet them on the Citadel, or in Bring down the sky. Well, there is a Hanar on Noveria too).

Making it often isn't as hard as getting it to fit on one DVD or in the 360's RAM. You might be surprised at the staggering size levels can be with full dialogue.

Ah, I see now; of course, that makes sense. Well, I'm not a console hater, but I'll be sure to remember this... :-/ I guess it is pretty big, but I wouldn't mind another 2GB's.

Hm, the console origins of ME may be the main culprit, but I still feel that somewhere down the line, more work could have, should have, been done. The repetitiveness was just so blatantly visible I was unpleasantly surprised. Even a change of the layout of the rooms would have been welcome.

Of course, I'd prefer they focus more on sidequests and other elements rather than interiors while making ME2.

We've lived with multiple CDs in the past so multiple DVDs wouldn't be that bad. BG1 came on like 6 CDs and I remember having to swap them. Of course I remember playing the original Gold Box D&D game which came on a pile of diskettes, too. ME has a natural swapping point when traveling to new sectors. The original game would have worked with a swap between the Citadel and the rest of the galaxy.

Say, can XBox360 handle multiple DVDs for one game?

Of course it can handle multiple dvds...I think lost oddessey was 5 dvd's

Although I would have hated having to swap DVDs everytime I went back to the Citadel. jRPGs work well with DVD swapping because of their linear nature. In Mass Effect, it would drive me mad.

Yes, you can import your save games, and the consequences of your actions in ME1 will be experienced in ME2 (i.e if you kill someone in ME1, they won't reappear in ME2).

So, this means that those who didn't eradicate the swarm of aliens (on Noveria, was it?) will have to deal with it? That's good, but I hope that those who did get something to make for the loss of content too.

Yes, that was on Noveria, and yes, that is the kind of thing I'm expecting. A very interesting feature to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom