Special Press-only game specimens common ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hello, everyone,

I have seen two cases of special specimens of game editions which are really special - and for the press only.

They are even more special than collector's editions, in my opinion.

I have learned of two such specimens recently:

- Book of unwritten Tales
- Drakensang

Are such extra-rare-special-unique-extraordinarily-limited-press-editions common within the industry ?

I ask, because i haven't heard of such a thing yet. The public seemingly gets rarely informed about that, I suspect.

Alrik

It wouldn't surprise me if it's true. They've been doing that for years in the entertainment industry like for movies and music. Why should games be any different? They're part of the entertainment industry albeit a small part.

I want the cd version of Mega Man 9 that comes in a cd case that looks like an NES cartridge.

Such special editions are only for a very limited circle of people. A-list game journalists, maybe some normal journalists working for major publications and possibly important people working retail. The last one I'm not sure about.

Normal reviewers only get standard retail copies. I would have loved to get a Drakensang beer stein.

The Drakensang beer stein can be bought - but not the one with the old logo anymore.

I bought mine at the RPC, 15 Euros. It was worth that for me, personally, although I didn't find the price cheap.

I think that "Deutschrock" online shop dtp teamed up could have it as well.

Look here: http://www.deutschrock.de/index.php...25958c72b277f5a02af0160b45818&listtype=qwiser

Or look in the lower part of the left menu für "TV und Movie games" , and there "Übersicht" and then "Drakensang".

It's an incestuous relationship and renders reviewers' opinion far less worthwhile. It takes discipline and mental work to disregard red-carpet treatment like that and put oneself in a critical mindframe that looks purely at the customer's experience.

Back
Top Bottom