Quantcast
Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | Survival-Simulator | RPG - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | Survival-Simulator | RPG

Default Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | Survival-Simulator | RPG

January 28th, 2018, 01:14
Hey guys, so I'll be doing a short series of videos on the upcoming demo. The first episode is pretty info heavy as I'm explaining the current state of combat mechanics and overworld gameplay. I've got time stamps in the description if there are specific parts you want to skip to. Over the next few days, I'll be releasing a few more videos until the entirety of the demo is more or less covered. I should be dropping the demo very soon, fingers crossed

I'm open to all feedback, good and bad, especially the bad as I need to know which areas to continue to improve upon!

loading…
Last edited by Bantichai; February 1st, 2018 at 01:34.

Bantichai

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

January 28th, 2018, 12:55
Episode 2 is out, I go into a bit more detail about combat tactics

loading…
Last edited by Bantichai; February 1st, 2018 at 01:36.

Bantichai

Watcher

January 29th, 2018, 02:00
Episode 3 is out! Admittedly I don't do much commentary in this video however things get very interesting towards the end. Definitely something I didn't expect!

loading…
Last edited by Bantichai; February 1st, 2018 at 01:38.

Bantichai

Watcher

January 31st, 2018, 14:10
Demo is out guys, please let me know what you think. Be as critical as you like because it only helps improve the game

Also will be greatly appreciated if you post your specs and average FPS, there is a counter in the top right hand corner.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-mo…o-pre-alpha-01

Bantichai

Watcher

February 1st, 2018, 00:53
If you experience low/unsteady FPS, for testing purposes it may be suitable to play on Medium or lower with V-sync disabled. The skeleton/rig for the models is currently using an unnecessary amount of bones which is putting more stress on the CPU. I am waiting on an update for a 3rd party tool I am using so I can bake away the extra bones.

Bantichai

Watcher

February 1st, 2018, 01:22
Your links were broken (again, only put in the number, not anything else, also not the t=….)

loading…

loading…

loading…

Sorry, quite busy with uhmm…playing other stuff. But wanted to give you some feedback and tested it very briefly for that:

Using a gtx 1070 and a resolution of 1080p

On Ultra it's solid 60 fps, during animations it can go down to 30. A 1070 for 1080p is overkill though, so don't take this as reference.

Other feedback from my very brief experience:

-Sounds and animations are great.
-The Background crowd soundloop doesn't sound very good though.
-The running around out of combat immediately screams "unity", same as the coloring in the combat. I know this is just a pre alpha, but wanted to leave this feedback anyways.
--
Doing >Let's Plays< and >Reviews< in German. Latest Review: Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mostly playing Indie titles, including Strategy, Tactics and Roleplaying-Games.
And here is a list of all games I ever played.

Kordanor

Wastelander

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 1st, 2018, 01:43
Thanks Kordanor! I've fixed the links in my own posts, after running around so many forums it gets confusing at times.

I really appreciate the feedback, even just a quick test to see how performance holds up and where FPS drops, it gives me more information to work with.

Glad you like the sounds, they are still subject to change such as the crowd loop, I'll have to go back and edit it again in the future, I have made note.

When you refer to running around after combat, do you mean the lack of any real transition? When you refer to the coloring, do you mean the player/enemy markers? Those are definitely WIP.

When you get the time, I'll be interested in hearing what else you have to say, regardless thanks again for the feedback!

Bantichai

Watcher

February 6th, 2018, 03:20
Hey guys, first written devblog is up on Indie DB, it talks about armor progression and armor design direction. It also has some pictures of the updated Gambeson armor set.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-mo…sign-direction

Bantichai

Watcher

February 12th, 2018, 13:07
Hey guys, devblog 2 is up on Indie DB. As mentioned, I talk about the initial progress I've done on formation AI and I have some video footage on it too. I've also got a couple more sets of armor, this time centered around mercenary themed armor.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/dead-mo…ercenary-armor

Bantichai

Watcher

Tags
jagged alliance, turn-based, turn-based rpg, turnbased, xcom
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » Dead Monarchy - Medieval | Turn-Based | Mass-Tactics | Survival-Simulator | RPG