RPGWatch Feature - Torment: Tides of Numenera Review

First, I wrote a Preview quite some time ago. Second, this is clearly a REVIEW from MY PoV!!!! One of the most difficult aspects of writing this review was to avoid spoilers as much as possible, therefore I dealt primarily with aspects of the game which did not include spoilers. Your concern about Effort, addresses playstyle much more than design IMO!! Anyone can 'game a game'; look at how many min/max players there are. Adding effort is not really that dissimilar to adding extra power to an attack, or a spell and doing so, lowers your stat pool much more quickly, just like over-charging a spell drains more mana. It's all about wise use of your available resources. Sorry, but I didn't see the use of Effort as an issue!! And after-all, it is my review and therefore my opinion. Feel free to write your own review and see if Myrthos is willing to publish it!!!! :)

I think this is an important distinction to make. The facts dont matter if the general perception is that the facts are not true. One can never know all the facts about a game either unless instead of playing the game they look at the design docs.

I think this is an important distinction to make. The facts dont matter if the general perception is that the facts are not true. One can never know all the facts about a game either unless instead of playing the game they look at the design docs.

And this how alternative Facts came into existence :D

Thanks for the balanced review, Corwin.

Looks like I'll be holding off playing until they add the extra content and polish it some more, which is what I do with most games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom