Nothing has been said

P

pibbur

.. about that little giant leap on the Sea of Tranquility 40 years ago. Does this mean that I'm among a bunch of moonlanding hoax conspiracy [zelotes|uncoverers]?

Edit: Rats! I can't edit the subject!

PM Jaz, she can edit it as forum Mod.

No need to PM... :harl:.

Nothing has been said ... go on, nothing to see here ... move on ...

Sorry, the conspiracy supporters lost by a technical knockout.

bart_vs_aldrin.gif

(via Bad Astronomy)

You just have to love this stuff ...

What puzzles me about the outspoken it's-a-hoax advocates: How many do really believe it, and how many go along just for the attention they receive and similar reasons.

After all, some of the hoax-advocates also link to flat-earth advocates. And flat-earth sites I've visited seems to flood with people being there just to have fun.

For the record, I do believe that the earth is spheroid, except for the big hole where they claim Australia is. A country full of animals with wallets, and people speaking rabbit english? - Gimme a break.

What puzzles me about the outspoken it's-a-hoax advocates: How many do really believe it, and how many go along just for the attention they receive and similar reasons.
I suspect many just happen to like the ideas they're supporting and are happy to think creatively in support of them.

I remember someone on the political forum once expressing doubt about the myriad of election conspiracy theories that emerged after Bush's win over Al Gore. The prime anti-American here quickly pointed out: "Which doesn't mean they're necessarily baseless."

My all-time favorite, and I mean that sincerely, is the Face On Mars controversy. I smiled all the way through it and was sad when clearer pictures ultimately dispelled it. I realized afterwards that I had been kinda wishing NASA really were covering up something.

There were a few delicious theories about the mysterious ridge on Saturn’s moon Iapetus for a while. I knew a guy who actually thought the moon was two halves screwed together!

Last edited:
For the record, I do believe that the earth is spheroid, except for the big hole where they claim Australia is. A country full of animals with wallets, and people speaking rabbit english? - Gimme a break.

If you ever want to see a real "hole", you should visit Detroit someday...

I remember someone on the political forum once expressing doubt about the myriad of election conspiracy theories that emerged after Bush's win over Al Gore. The prime anti-American here quickly pointed out: "Which doesn't mean they're necessarily baseless."

Hey, sometimes paranoids really do have people out to get them. :)

Hey, sometimes paranoids really do have people out to get them. :)

That was a favored expression of one of my favorite high school teachers who was rather radical in his thoughts and really *did* have the school out to get him ...

Back
Top Bottom